wait what

Winter was right around the corner. Unfortunately for everyone, that meant cold and extra long and dark hours of practice, but also hot chocolate, blankets, and pillows and bothering people.

The Shiratorizawa Girls Volleyball Team was in the middle of one of their after-school practices, doing a small game between their players and all. They were on their sixth set already, and they were starting to get tired.

"Center!"

"Watch for the block out!"

Alina went over for the spike, and managed to get a waterfall going. The ball landed on the other team's court, finally ending the set.

"That the sixth win in a row." Alina said, wiping the sweat off of her face.

Selina rolled her eyes, collapsing onto the gym floor. "Yeah, yeah. Only because you have our starting libero on your side this time. I swear, the next time I call dibs on Ryoko-chan."

Alina stuck her tongue out at her before sitting down by the bench and doing their regular cool-down stretches. "We still have the whole month of November and December ahead of us, so what exactly are we doing?"

"Well, apparently there's gonna be-"

"HEY CAPTAIN AND VICE CAPTAIN!" Amana yelled from the other side of the gym. "COACH WANTS THE TWO OF YOU IN HER OFFICE!"

"yOU DON'T NEED TO SHOUT"

"WELL TOO BAD"

"What does Coach wants to tell us that has to make us walk all the way over to her office?" Alina wondered.

The two of them trudged over to the office without getting lost. Look, for some reason, the volleyball coaches have their own office that's not tied with any other sports team. Guess that's what happens when your two volleyball teams are powerhouses and have gone to nationals countless of times. The Coaches office is kind of intimidating, especially because Coach Washijo is often in there. Lucky for Selina and Alina, the boys had their practice so that meant that the scary demon coach was nowhere near.

The captain knocked on the door, heard a muffled 'come in' and entered. "You wanted to see us, coach-?"

Okay, maybe without Coach Washijo, the place is intimidating as hell. Trophies from countless of tournaments ever since the creation of Shiratorizawa was in glass cupboards, and many, many, past banners for winning Nationals in general was there.

"Seems that Amana didn't forget to tell you two." Coach Emiko laughed as she turned around in her chair.

"She shouted across the gym." Alina informed.

"Sounds like Amana." Emiko nodded, flipping through her notebook. "So, I called you two in because we just got a call from Coach Hibarida Fuki, the coach for the Men's Olympic Volleyball Team and Coach Hitaki Kotaro from the Japan Boys' Youth team."

...

"Wait, what?"

Emiko stood up and started walking around the office. "Rei, they want you to join them in Tokyo at a Youth Training Camp. For you to teach the first- and second-years that was invited."

...

"Wait, what?"

"You heard her." Coach Washijo suddenly appeared behind the two girls, making the two... tense up immediately. "That's news number one. The second is that while or if Rei agrees to the camp, we want Tsukumo to help Coach Anabara and I in coaching a mock first-year youth camp being held in December as well."

...

"Wait, what?"

Emiko had a proud smile on her face. "You two are one of the best players in our nation at the moment. I can understand why Coach Washijo and the Youth Camp wants the two of you. Rei, what do you think?"