love ⋌༼ •̀ ⌂ •́ ༽⋋

"Hey, is Kenma skipping practice today?" Yamamoto asked, noticing that their starting setter was absolutely nowhere to be found. "Jiwoo's not here, either!"

"It seems that our one and only couple has left the gym just to be together," Yaku laughed as he and the other third-years entered the gymnasium.

Nekomata nodded, "Kenma and Jiwoo spoke to me earlier this month about wanting a request to miss today's practice. As the kind coach I am, I allowed them to do so. Let the children be children."

"Can we be kids and go bother them?" Yamamoto raised his hand.

"No. Absolutely not. You need to work." Naoi had no hesitation with his response. "Alright! While we are missing our manager and our vice captain and our starting setter, we will work on emergency sets while we're here since they are both easy and does not require our vice captain and starting setter."

While the volleyball team struggled to get themselves together, Kenma and Jiwoo was long on their way to the arcade by the nearby mall.

"A new game came in, right?" Jiwoo recalled, scrolling through her phone to find the page where she read that. "You excited to set a new record on it?"

"It'll take a bit, but I'll do it," Kenma confirmed. "So, it's a competition, right?"

"Duh. What else would it be?" Jiwoo wondered. "First one to set that record will buy food."

"Love, you really don't have money this month," he reminded her.

"Shh, I got my allowance today." Jiwoo insisted. "Trust the process."

"I don't trust any process that you're involved in," he added. "Just don't lose this time, got it?"

"Since when did I ever lose against someone that was not you?" she wondered once more. "Please touch some more grass while you can. I don't want you to be too far gone by the time we graduate high school."

Kenma knelt down and touched the grass, "Grass touched."

"Great, now do that multiple times a day."

"I'm trying, I'm trying. You don't see me abandoning practice every day, do you?"

"It's because I'm dragging you there." Jiwoo stated.

"Same thing." Kenma insisted. "We can't stay at the mall for long. It's going to snow later tonight, and I would rather not be stuck waiting at the bus stop in the middle of a snow storm.. or worse, have Kuro come pick us up."

"He picked us up using his dad's car once because we lost track of time and it started to hail." Jiwoo laughed at the memory. "Oh, he would not let us live that down until days later, goddamn."

"And then he got in trouble when his dad found out that he used his car because Kuro was on suspension from driving." Kenma concluded. "Hey, once we're done getting a new high score on the new game, do you want to head shopping?"

"You want to go shopping?" Jiwoo did a quick double take on that suggestion. "Excuse me? Who are you? What did you do to Kenma?" she grabbed his shoulders and began to shake him a bit.

Kenma shook his head, "It's me. I didn't die yet. No ghost possessed me either."

Jiwoo nodded, "Sure..."

"We always go to the arcade and then get something to eat after because we usually have school the next day, so how about we just skip the arcade part today and I can get you something at the mall?" Kenma suggested, taking her hand into his.

Jiwoo tilted her head, "But you hate shopping."

"If it involves you, I can deal with it." Kenma said.