Endgame (Part 2: Hassan POV)

I was running around the battlefield like a madman. Like Achilles himself on the Trojan plain, I was a one man force of destruction. Who knows maybe Percy and I would get our own epic of Homeric proportions after this fight. I kept this thought at the back of my mind as I dealt out carnage to the enemy faction.

I was fighting quite well until something hit me square in the back and sent me sprawling to the ground. As I lifted myself to my feet, I realised I was suddenly alone on the battlefield, the enemy all fanning out to observe my fight. My fight against a figure in a ninja's garb. I grabbed my axes and got into a ready stance. As if mirroring me, the ninja then took out two twin daggers and hurled them at me. Fast as they were, I managed to deflect them.

I charged but the ninja was too fast and leapt away, cartwheeling and tossing powder onto me. Immediately I felt a loss of control in my limbs and felt my red aura begin to flicker. The figure then kicked me in the chest, knocking me down once more. The figure began to pummel me, despite the pain i was feeling, it was clear they were not going for the fatal blow. Closing my eyes, I used all the strength I had left to move my arm and pull the ninja's knife to my throat. Immediately the Ninja hesitated and tried to pull back and I used their surprise to headbutt them and rip off their mask, rolling to my feet slowly. Disorientated as I was, I recognised Reyna's face in front of me ." This brings a whole new meaning to crazy ex girlfriend.' I quipped. She managed a half smile before attacking me again. In between strikes and the clanging of weapons I tried to initiate a conversation. 'So after breaking up with me, you get with Percy and then betray him too. You have a real commitment problem girl." She snarled and swept my legs out from under me. "Y'know, I'm getting really tired of being knocked to the ground!" I felt my red aura begin to steadily return as my strength grew. I knew in this weakened physical state I couldn't win, especially without the power of Hestia. I decided to forego battle strategy and follow the age old law of movie rom-coms as much as I hated them... to open my heart.
"I can't believe I ever loved you!' I yelled out and Reyna paused for a second mid strike. I quickly slammed the hilt of my axe upon her head and she fell down bleeding. ' I still do damn it..." I muttered as she collapsed to the ground and fainted. Three nearby demigods came at my beckoning and tied her up before carrying her behind our lines. I began to rest for a minute but I noticed lightning flickering overhead and figured Percy was in trouble. If I'd fought Reyna, I could certainly assume Annabeth had fought against Percy and based off the sky, I don't think if went well. I hurried to the mountain summit, praying Percy wasn't taking on End alone.