Celebrations and executions part 2

Percy POV

The axe was swinging down and all time seemed to slow down. Suddenly the axe bounced off something and hit the ground cracking the marble. I saw what looked like Annabeth's invisibility cap hit the ground and then I saw Hassan lying on the ground... half the axe splintered in his stomach. He was flickering red and looking very pale. Reyna screamed and began to  crawl over to him, crying while Annabeth and the rest of those present were motionless, jaws agape, simply paralysed with shock. I grabbed Calypso and ran to his side, where she desperately tried to heal him.'

Why?' Zeus groaned, horrified at what he had done. 'That had been made by Chaos as a gift. It means certain death!' As everyone gasped,  I yelled at my father telepathically, ' WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"
He replied' I'm so sorry Percy. I didn't know this would happen." He sounded sad and I could hear his voice cracking.

He then flashed over to our location and started chanting a healing spell. 'Zeus.' Hassan groaned.' Killing them would show what happens to those who were heroes that fell on hard times. Forgiveness is the only way forward. Violence after war only begets more war. You have forgiven other demigods before,  please don't let these ones suffer that axe. It really hurts!'

He began to chuckle, but was interrupted by a coughing fit that involved a lot of blood. He then tried to stand, but collapsed onto one knee, before keeling over completely. Reyna was holding his hand and trying and failing to stop herself crying. Zeus then stood up and called all the gods over to him and they huddled together briefly before turning back to us. 'We have a solution.' 'How could you? Even I cannot save a mortal?!' Chaos professed, looking distraught and helpless. '

The answer is in the question, Lord Chaos.' Athena said. 'We will make him immortal, yet not a god, so he won't be bound by the ancient laws.' Zeus then continued, ' Hassan will you accept the position of King of demigods? You will be granted immortality and will help demigods and legacies by guiding and protecting them for eternity. Do you accept?'

Surprisingly, Hassan was quick to answer," No.' The whole hall reeled in shock while Hestia and Aphrodite smiled knowingly at each other. 'I won't be a king unless Reyna becomes my queen.' He rasped out, looking paler by the second. Reyna stared at him in shock, before burying her face in his chest to somewhat hide her tears.

'Absolutely not!' Zeus thundered but then Aphrodite and Hestia stood up and began yelling and soon enough so did all the other goddesses and the male gods. until Zeus was left yelling back on his own.

'Fine!' he relented and everyone cheered but then he added' if she betrays us you are all to blame.' He then waved his hand in the air, a glowing golden rune appeared in the air, before storming off. 

There was a flash of light and then a deafening boom. Hassan and Reyna were now standing up, both holding hands and Hassan was wearing a purple toga with a crown made of laurels upon his head while Reyna wore a white equivalent.

With everyone together and in such an emotionally heightened state, everything seemed to fall into place for me. Annabeth may not have my full trust yet and maybe I was being caught up in the heat of the moment but I know now there's no one else I'll love more. She would prove herself to me again in time, she always did.

I sighed and got down on one knee in front of Annabeth and asked 'Wise Girl... you marry me?' She stared at me, shocked but eventually she managed a nod with tears in her eyes. She was about to embrace me before I pulled her into a kiss as the whole crowd cheered.

Somewhere else
??? POV
Nothing. An eternity of nothing. Imprisoned. Betrayed. Forgotten.
"NO MORE! NO MORE! NO MOORRREEEEE!"

The end.