Chapter 9

Petra's POV

I got up the next day, feeling even worse than the day before about the secrets they kept from me, and how they were most likely laughing at me behind my back since I didn't figure it out fast enough. I mean, I get that they might be upset at me for pointing out their flaws but I only meant that as a way to push them to become better, I didn't mean it as in trying to make fun of any of them. I simply grabbed my spider suit and put it on before I walked out to the kitchen where everybody was surprisingly absent, so I left a note saying I might not be back until late at night, that I would be out patrolling and that I need time alone. With that done I leapt off the balcony and swung away just as Captain America entered the room from the elevator.

It looked like he wanted to stop me but I was gone before he could open his mouth. As I was swinging around a few people cheered and I waved before continuing patrolling. I fought muggers and robbers, even stopped a car chase. I was having an overall average day when I got a call from Fury over a comm. device he had me put in my suit, the Avengers have a mission and I was needed back at the tower.

I immediately headed back and entered through the balcony and ignored everybody but Fury. I leaned against the wall across from the chair he was sitting on and he looked confused.

"I thought you were getting along with at least a few of the other Avengers?" He questioned curiously.

"I was till I figured out that they enjoyed keeping secrets about people." I said coldly. "I thought that at the very least I could trust them enough to work with them, but it turns out I can't."

Everybody's heads lowered, looking like they were waiting for Fury to yell at them. He didn't but I could see the disappointment in his eye. He put three folders on the coffee table and I webbed one of them to look at, knowing it's the mission details.

Reading over the file I immediately knew I'd take the mission. It was in my alley, a few people were kidnapped by Hydra and SHIELD wanted to know why. I knew which two Fury was already expecting to go on the mission and judging by the looks he's giving me he knows I'm going too. I walked past the coffee table and placed the folder down.

"When are we leaving?" I asked point blank.

"In ten minutes, you'll be carrying a gun during Avenger and SHIELD missions." Fury said. "You don't have to use it but it will make you look more threatening."

After he said that he passed me his spare, holster and all. The look on his face saying I don't have a choice in this if I want to go on this mission. I took it from his hand and walked to my room where I have my extra suit I made for SHIELD missions, during full-scale Avengers missions I'll use my regular suit but otherwise it'll be my stealth suit which is black with a little white.

 I took it from his hand and walked to my room where I have my extra suit I made for SHIELD missions, during full-scale Avengers missions I'll use my regular suit but otherwise it'll be my stealth suit which is black with a little white

I walked back out, surprising everybody with my new look. I walked over to the shadows and used my favorite function in this suit, invisibility achieved by bending the light around it and it also hides me from tech picking me up as well.

"Ms. Parker appears to have vanished completely." Friday announced with a hint of surprise in her voice.

"What are you talking about, she was just standing over there?" Ironman asked pointing at me without looking before he turned his head. "Where the hell did she go?"

I silently maneuvered my way to where I was standing directly behind him.

"I'm right here." I said in a vicious whisper but loud enough that everybody could hear me. "I think I can be intimidating without a gun Fury."

"I see that, good job Ms. Parker." He said with a smirk. "I like the new suit."

"This is just for SHIELD missions, Avengers missions and patrol is still my regular suit." I said and he nodded.

"Where'd you get the materials for this project of yours?" Ironman asked suspiciously.

"First off, I've got my stuff stashed all across the city where only I can get to it along with the fact that my parents were rich, not as rich as you but I could live off it for three lifetimes and never once want for something." I informed him gruffly. "I don't typically use their money but for stuff like this I have no choice, especially since I don't have a day job anymore."

"Well then, I guess it's go time for the mission." Hawkeye said and I nodded already headed to the roof where Friday has parked a quinjet.

I entered the quinjet and sat down, waiting for the two spies to get up here. I didn't have to wait long and both of them went to the cockpit, not that I minded it seeing as right now I'd prefer to be alone then have the awkward silence. That is till Hawkeye came back out of the cockpit with a brand new shiner.

"What the hell happened in there?" I questioned out of surprise.

"I pushed to try and get Nat to open up, it didn't go well." Hawkeye said and I got up and grabbed an icepack from the med bay before walking back to him and handing it to him. "Does this mean you forgive me?"

"No, this just means I'd rather have you as close to a hundred percent on the mission as you can be." I said bluntly. "I don't forgive easily, especially when you all hid something so important from me for over half a month."

"Yeah, not our finest moment." He admitted while I returned to my seat. "We were all just scared, we saw how hurt you were and still are and we didn't want to make things worse."

"I know you're all still hiding something from me, I'll tell you what, you get Mom to come clean and I'll forgive the both of you." I said offering him a deal and he looked ecstatic. "Don't want my mom and uncle fighting, now do I?"

Hawkeye bolted from the cargo bay and back into the cockpit and I heard another hit due to the door not being shut. I heard the hushed whispers before Mom exited the cockpit and her knuckles are red on both hands.

"Did you really have to punch him twice?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow, not that she could see since my mask is on.

"Yes, yes I did." Mom said without hesitation. "I agree to your deal, but it has to wait until after the mission."

"I'm fine with that, just don't go getting hurt so that way it's delayed and somebody else tells me trying to get my forgiveness first." I warned and she nodded.