The Innocent Love - Part 2

She moved forward towards the class with Devika, only to turn around, at the door and had a very small eye contact with Anuj.

That EYE CONTACT.. which stirred something in both of them... 

Pehli nazar mein kuchh hum

Kuchh tum ho jaate hai yun hi 

Entering the class, she moved forward to sit with Devika, only to find herself sitting alone on the bench. Devika had to rush out for some urgent meeting with the Cultural committee. Waving a quick good bye and mouthing a Sorry, she asked Anupamaa to meet her inside the auditorium after the lecture finished. Resting her head on the desk, with her eyes gently closed, the only thing that kept crossing her mind again and again was HIS face and the eyes, that conveyed something. Something that struck a chord with hers. Never had she felt anything like this before and she knew that, if this happened again, she wouldn't be able to breathe or survive without him. This realization made her open her eyes, in an instant, just to find the same intoxicating gaze, looking at her, as though trying to read the unread. Not those uncomfortable glances, but the ones that made her feel home.. gave her a sense of security and belongingness. 

YES.. That's what she thought. His gaze made her feel like she always belonged to him.. from births unknown, while for Him, he had found in her, HIS SOULMATE. They barely knew each other, but the connection was as if, they had known and been with each other from time immemorial. 

The lecturer's voice had got of them out of their trance, who had asked for Anupama's introduction. In her very polite tone, she introduced herself as Ms. Anupama Joshi, giving him a side ways glance, and mentioned about dance being her passion amongst the many other things of her liking. Now, not only was he stumbled with her beauty and simplicity, her voice was also growing on him. Taking the seat,  and fidgeting with the pen, to drop it down,  she bent down to pick it up, when 

Nainon se barse rim-jhim rim-jhim humpe pyaar ka saavan

the second eye-lock happened. They had barely come out of the 1st one, when he asked her, toh, tumhari shaadi tay ho rahi hai? Giving him a look of how do you know, he quickly justified saying, maine tumhari aur Devika ki baatein sunn li thi, gate per. Biting his lips, he again looked at her, and what she said, blew him off.. Mein unko mana kar doongi aur maa ko bhi mana loongi.. mujhe ab pata hai, mujhe ab kya chahiye aur kya pasand hai. Saying this, she quickly dropped her gaze, unable to further continue the eye contact. 

Sharm thodi thodi humko aaye to nazrein jhuk jaayein

Anuj, who was still under the influence, took a good few minutes to understand and couldn't stop grinning. The feeling of "Love at first sight" was actually happening and it was mutual. Composing himself, he sat up straight, adjusting his hair. Looking at her sideways at regular intervals, and smiling to himself, continued throughout the lecture. To escape the teacher's sight, he had buried himself behind the books, while under the bench, a different story was unfolding. The one hand that held the dupatta from one end, now had a partner. With the distance between the hands reducing, by the end of the lecture, the fingers were locked, sending a wave of energy, at the very first touch of the very first Love.  YES.. They were in Love with each other, from the moment they saw each other.

Sitam thoda thoda humpe Shokh hawa bhi kar jaaye

This wasn't infatuation. She knew it. This was something that was meant to be and something that would last a lifetime. It had been going on for ages. Her heart said. While, He on the other hand, felt as if the piece of puzzle in him, which was missing for a long time, has been fixed. He felt complete. It isn't about the number of times you meet someone, or how long you know someone.. It's that instant connection you make, when you feel and your heart says, THIS IS MINE. My resting place. They didn't need words to express.. While the eyes did all the talking, the hand hold had made the promise to never let go of each other. 

Aisi chali aanchal udi dil mein yeh ek toofan uthe 

Neither knew what the day had in store for them.. but this was a day they were going to cherish for the rest of their lives. And to celebrate their love and their togetherness, he asked her to accompany him to the place that he always wanted his partner to visit. To His Home, to meet his parents. He knew that his parents, especially, his mother would take an instant liking to Anupama. This was his way, of assuring her, that she meant the world for him and She was the ONLY ONE, he wished to spend his lifetime with. The only Pillion rider on his bike, he would ever ride with, with her hand on his shoulder and hugging him. 

Walking ahead, to unlock his bike, he realised that he had to free the hand, but not before giving a gentle kiss, looking at her. He was surprised again, to be rewarded with a peck on the cheek and a shy smile. 

Hum to lut gaye khade hi khade. 

..... To be continued.