The Innocent Love - Part 3

Hum to lut gaye khade hi khade.

This was the first time she was ever going to sit behind a boy, apart from her brother. The very thought of sitting behind her life partner, the only person she would be sitting behind, in such close proximity was making her feel elated. This was the kind of feeling she experienced when she danced from her heart.. to the beats of her heart, her breathe and to the sound of the unsaid. 

Gumsum gumsum gum gupchup Gumsum, gum gupchupHulchal hulchal ho gayi teri honth hai tere chup

The journey back home for the lovebirds was an experience to cherish. They realized what it meant when Rumi said, I want that love that is the silence of eternity. They spoke a hundred million times in their silence and the peace that was in their hearts, showed up on their face. 

With the breeze blowing gently and a scared Anupama sitting behind him, Anuj was very careful. Though, a speedy but careful rider, he was extremely protective of her from the moment he saw her. So much that the jerk of the speed breaker was as smooth as gliding on snow for her. With one hand on the back handle of the bike and the other one holding her bag, she saw that a little distance was maintained so as to protect her sanity. Little did she know that, the gusty wind had different plans for them. It looked like even the heavens above were not pleased with the little distance and had conspired to get them a little near. The open hair that were constantly flying high had somehow crossed their boundaries and found their way into Anuj's eyes, alongwith the dust, causing him to close his eyes and lose the balance. 

Now thankfully, they didn't fall, but this did cause a halt in their ride. Quickly getting down to see if he was alright and if there was any redness in the eye, Anupama did what she had seen everyone do. Blowing air into her dupatta, she moved dangerously close to Anuj to give the respite he needed from his red eyes. Seeing the proximity, Anuj was shocked and at the same time, this small incident showed him, her caring nature. 

Thinking that the material of her synthetic duppatta might cause irritation to his eyes, Anu had held his eyes wide open, so that she could blow the dust out of his eyes. It was her instinct. She couldn't even see a dust in his eye, causing trouble. With her eyes, filled with tears, seeing the redness in his eyes, she was gently trying to remove the dust particle, only to be disturbed by her hair, who weren't letting her do her job. Anuj, who was witnessing all this, couldn't resist and first he tucked the hair behind her ears and tied her hair with the same duppatta and let it rest on her, just like a garland. Moving his hands to her eyes and wiping her eyes, he said, aage se kabhi yeh dikhne nahin chahiye. Samjhi. 

That, Samjhi.. the way he said it, showed it to her, that, this boy standing in front of her had meant each and every word he just uttered. The warmth she had felt at that time was something new for her and she knew that this warmth, even he must have felt. Seeing the closeness, initially a sense of awkwardness did come, but seeing that she was in his safe embrace, there was a smile that spread wide across. Though shy, she enjoyed the touch of his hands, that were holding her from her waist. And seeing her like that, was a vision for him. The otherwise talkative girl, the chirpy bird that Anupama was, today, in his embrace was as taciturn as she could be. 

Khalbal khalbal ho gayi teri baithe hain gupchup

Looking at her, he knew that if he did not confess now, he would never be able to make it past the night. Confessing his feelings to her right away was as important as breathing for him. Calling her name out and making her look into his eyes, he said, I love you, Anupamaa. Mein jaanta hoon ki hum aaj hi mile hain aur shayad mein yeh baat bahut jaldi keh raha hoon... par jab pyaar hota hai, tab dil ko pata chal jaata hai. Phir usse lambe tak kheechke rakhne mein koi faayda nahin hain. Mein tumse sirf yeh kehna chahta hoon ki, aajse, balki abhi se jo bhi tumhare sapney hai, woh sab mere hain. Aajse mera tumhara karke kuch nahin hoga, aur jo bhi hoga, woh hamara hoga. Aur yeh waada raha meri taraf se. Har kadam par, har mod par, mei hamesha tumhare saath, tumhare paas rahoonga aur tum khud ko kabhi bhi akeli nahin paaogi.

Abhi hamare ghar jaane se pehle, hum tumhari Maa se baat karke, unko manake phir hum ghar jaayenge.. Maa se baat karke unka bhi aashirwad lenge. Agar tumhe yeh sahi lag raha hai, toh yeh lo mera haath, isko achche se pakad lena .. kyunki ab se yeh Zindagi bhar ka saath honewala hai.

Pyare pyare chehre lekar karte hain ishara Dekha teri aankhon ne hai sapna koi pyaraHumse gori na tu sharmana Aa keh de humse zara

Tumhare jo bhi sapney hain, woh sab mere hai.. These words were ringing in her ears. Forwarding her hand in his and nodding a yes, she sat behind him on the bike, but this time, she held on to him rather than the back handle and the bag. 

Moving a little closer, she whispered in his ears... 

"Aur aapke sapney.. aajse mere hain"...., resting her head on his back.

..... to be continued.