The Lounge Room

Harley dramatically fell onto the couch in the lounge room of the hotel.

“I’ve got to rest my vocal chords from yesterday!” She expressed. Nearby, Estella rolled her eyes, and continued drawing a new design for Morticia in her sketchbook. She was wearing a much more casual outfit today, and her hair was down, but she still looked stylish.

“You did wonderfully Miss Harley, just wonderfully!” Tarrant gave a series of small, very fast claps.

“Thank you Mr. Hatman! It was nothing really. I’ve been curious about being the arts. But my parents wanted me to be doctor! So I studied psychology and got a job at an asylum and look where that got me!”

“It’s good to follow your dreams! That’s how my good friend Alice met me! She’s coming to visit me here for the day!”

“Ooo what fun!” Harley turned so she was laying on her belly and rested her head in her hands. “You guys have any specific plans?”

“Don’t you two have any where else to have this conversation.” Cruella barked.

“This is a public lounge you grouchy-pants.” Harley retorted.

“It was empty, before you two arrived. I need space, I need open space so I can breathe and think, and create my masterpieces.”

“Well I need to wait for Alice.” Tarrant crossed his arms and put his nose up.

“Don’t worry Hatman, sis has obliviously got issues. I think she snuck into my room to watch me last night!”

“Oh I’m the one with the issues? I did not sneak into your room last night!”

“Well you were watching me yesterday like a hawk. And I know someone was in my room when I was trying to sleep. I could feel the presence of beady
eyes.”

“I was examining your outfit you lunatic! Gaining inspiration from it, not hunting you like a bird of prey.”

“Well someone was spying on me last night.” Then Harley stopped, raised her head so it was close to Tarrant’s ear, and whispered. “And I hear De’Vil
over there eats puppies.”

“I do not eat puppies! And why are you being all chummy with the ‘hatman’ anyway! He could be the one who was spying on you, ya know. Forget
puppies, he looks like he eats toes.”

“That’s not very nice!” Harley argued.

“Yes, I much prefer the taste of tea. Thank you very much.”

Prefer?” Cruella’s nose wrinkled.

“Hatta!” Called a girl.

“Alice! You’ve arrived!” Tarrant said with giddy, responding to his nickname. He bounced up and waddled over to the blond girl in blue. Oh thank goodness. Cruella thought to herself. Then Estella settled back into her seating position and made some changes on the hem of her dress sketch.

Little did poor Estella know though, that was the chaos was just beginning.

[Hi! If you enjoyed that chapter you might enjoy this song: Gangsta’s Paradise a cover by Scott Bradlee’s Post Modern Jukebox]