extra scene: morticia's flashback

Many years ago, on a night with no moon, Morticia and Gomez were in a hustle and a bustle to prepare for their wedding day. Thousands of roses needed to be ordered and cut, Lurch was practicing 13 songs on his harpsicord, guests were being invited, the black forest wedding cake was being designed. Gomez and Tish were overjoyed. There was just one problem.

Morticia did not have a dress.

Everywhere she went, only white frilly dresses were sold. And she hated how every single one of them looked on her. They were pretty, but they just weren't her, and they certainly didn't make her feel like she was becoming an Addams.

She wanted something bold, and elegant, mysterious, and gothic. Something that would make crows blush and swans faint.

After her third bridal breakdown of the day, she slumped down in her favorite comfy chair, wet mascera streaked down her pale cheeks, and turned on the tv.

She was skipping through the channels to find a good crime show or twisted fairytale retelling or big foot hunting, anything to distract her from the stress of the wedding.

Then she stumbled upon the news, a reporter lady was talking about a vandal that struck last night, interupting some fashion show. Morticia almost hit the button on her remote again when she saw a picture of the vandal.

Her hair was split down the middle, black and white, she had big wild eyes, and blood red lip stick. She certainly didn't look like the usuall teenage boy hellbent on covering a mayors office in toilet paper or group of tween girls covering a school in raw eggs.

This woman was a visionary. And her vandelisim? Striking modern fashion that played between the macabre fancy and the grunge avantgarde. The reporter made one last statement, that burned into Morticia's brain like a cattle brand.

"Speculators are wondering if her coat was made from real dalamation."

Morticia sat up.

"Gomez! Darling! Come quick! I know exactly who I want to design my wedding dress!"