Tall Detective and Tiny General

Morticia remained breathing all through the night, but she would not wake up all throughout the next day. Her normally alabaster skin became a sickly pale green, so Gomez called a doctor to come urgently. When she arrived and examined Morticia, the doctor said Morticia had been poisoned!

Why? And by whom? Gomez and the doctor didn’t know, so he called in the best detective he knew of: Sherlock Holmes. 

That evening, Sherlock and his assistant, John Watson arrived at the Gothic Phoenix to investigate.

“Thank you so much for coming Mr. Holmes!” Gomez said, shaking the detective’s hand, before shaking that of John.

“Yes well, there are few things more exciting than an eccentric billionaire’s wife being poisoned at a fancy hotel, in a foggy sea side town.” Sherlock replied, walking passed Gomez to the room the doctor was treating Morticia. John rolled his eyes at that.

“My apologies on his behalf, I would just ignore him until he actually starts solving the case if I were you.”

“Um, all right then, come this way please….” They began to follow Sherlock to the room. “You have no idea how much Morticia means to me, the thought of someone wanting hurt her and getting away with it makes me feel like every collapsing star in the sky is imploding my chest.”

“Huh, well, we’ll find out who did this sir don’t you worry.” John said with his brows pulled together. A billionaire with a dead wife in the middle of nowhere was already slightly suspicious to John, but of course he didn’t want to assume anything of the frightened husband, but it seemed to John that that line was overselling something.

“So here’s the lovely bride.” Sherlock said as he walked in on the unconscious woman in bed. The doctor looked up from her clipboard.

“You must be the detective.”

“And I thought I was captain obvious.”

“What?”

“Never mind, so, our trophy wife here was poisoned with Florian Dextride was she?”

“Oh, did Mr. Addams already tell you? Though I don’t remember telling him the exact poison used….”

“No I didn’t get that from Mr. Addams, though a part of me thinks he already knows all about Mrs. Addams’s demise.”

“You think he did it? He seems so devoted to her.”

“Yeah, a little too devoted. Sounded like a love-struck buffoon on the phone, not even hopeless-romantic teenagers putting on a play sound like him.”

“Ha!” Estella laughed, Sherlock and the Doctor turned to see the burgundy hairef girl leaning in the doorway. “Yeah, Gomez did not do it.” Her face went serious.

“Friend of the victim? I presume.”

“Yes, I know the Addams Mr. Holmes. And Gomez couldn’t even think of doing something like this to Morticia if he wanted to.”

“We’ll have to see about that.” Sherlock responded, before Estella stepped away to let Gomez and John in. John was writing stuff down on a notepad.

“There’s everything I can you Mr. Watson. Thought shouldn’t I have had this interview with Mr. Sherlock.”

“Oh he knew all this the moment he stepped through the doors, maybe even when you first called.”

Morticia began to cough, and her eyes fluttered open.

“The medicine is combating the poison.” The doctor said. Gomez rushed over to his waking wife.