meeting my daughter

me and jack have been dating for 4 months and i feel like it's finally time for him to meet my daughter, carter. i had carter a year after i graduated high school. shes 7 years old. me and her father are still friends who co-parent. im grateful theres no type of drama with him. we broke up 3 years go because i felt like we both needed to grow individually. 

Carter is just like me, she has the same attitude as me, she looks just like me, and if she doesn't like something she would say something. so, im kinda nervous that she's not gonna like jack. we're going out to eat, then the mall, and get our nails done. "carter come on, hes outside" i said. i told her that jack was my boyfriend, so she knows wassup with me and him. 

i took her car seat out of my car to put it in jacks. "heyy, you look handsome" i said giving him a hug "thank you baby, you look good too" he said making me smile. "hey carter, im jack, how you doing?" he said giving her a high five. "im good" she said "let me help you with that" he said grabbing the carseat and installing it.

she reached up for jack to pick her up to put her in the car.  "you good?" he asked "yes" she said as he closed the door. "thank you baby" i said as he opened the door for me. he got in the car and we started to head to the restaurant. i ordered carter a grilled cheese and tomato soup and i got a salad. 

"jack, why do you like my mommy?" she asked as we both looked at him "i love your mommy because she's funny, beautiful, she always knows what to say and how to say it, she knows how to handle everything, she taught me how to see the light in every situation" he said as i felt so loved "mommy never told me she liked white boys" she said sipping her drink 

as me and jack laugh. we finished up our food, paid, and left. we started heading to the mall. we went to the childrens place for carter, we got her a couple of shirts, some pants, and a dress. jack ended up paying for it even though i asked him not to. "carter, say thank you to jack for your clothes" i said 

"thank you jack!" she said all happy. "no problem,kid" he said "let me take your bags" he said "thank you" i said . we went to a couple more store and left to the nail shop. i was getting a fill in, carter was getting a light yellow and jack was just gonna get clear polish. jack was sitting next to carter as i watch them talk in awe. 

jack told me, he likes kids and anytime i've seen him with kids, he's been great, and is now amazing with my kid. our nails were finished, jack took us home and stayed with us for a couple of hours and watched tv with me and carter. it was getting late and jack was getting ready to leave. "carter say bye to jack" i said as she got up from the couch

"bye jack" she said as she ran to jacks leg to hug him before he bent down to hug her, it was too cute. "alright, bye" she said as she  waved and ran back to the couch. "i can tell she really like you" i said "aw really, she's already my favorite kid, she acts and look just like you" he said

"thank you for today, we had a really good time" i said  "no problem, so did i" he said as we kissed "ewww" carter said as we pulled away laughing " alright bye i love you" he said "i love you more byee" i said closing the door making sure he got to his car. 

"sooo, do you like mommy's boyfriend, jack?" i asked sitting back down on the couch with her. "yeah, he should play dollys with us" she said as i smiled "next time he comes we'll play dollys" i said focusing back on the tv.