Hands Full - Bonus

N E S S A

"Come here, Wednesday."

I scoffed at him. Not a chance in hell.

Grayson sat at the piano, giving me that little finger motion that I usually found could kick start my libido. But I knew what he wanted right now. And frankly, my husband was not thinking straight.

"Are you kidding me, Grayson?"

Instead of moving my feet, I smoothed a hand over my pregnant belly. My very pregnant belly.

See this, Everett? This is all your fault. And also the reason why I cannot and will not come here.

"No, Adler. I am not kidding you," he said, flashing an annoyingly adorable pout. "Now get your cute butt over here."

I wrinkled my nose. "Cute?"

I hadn't felt very cute for the last three months or so.

"Yes, cute," he insisted. "Don't you dare talk bad about yourself, or I'll have to describe to you in very great detail how I jacked off in the shower this morning thinking about how fucking—"

"Grayson," I snapped, cutting him off even though a little part of me wanted to know where he was going with that. And an even greater part of me wanted to sit back and imagine it.

He smiled knowingly.

"Yes, darling?"

"I—"

It was annoying how he made me speechless sometimes.

Grayson cocked his head to the side. "You know, once that baby comes out, I'll be more than ready to put another one in. That's how cute I think you are."

"You're going to have to hold your horses on that," I said, ignoring how my hands felt clammy, and my pulse started racing.

I absolutely did not want to have another baby right away. But thinking about those months after our wedding when Grayson hadn't been able to keep his hands off me? Yeah, I wouldn't mind revisiting that. Not that he was particularly good at keeping his hands off me as it was. But still.

I sighed, noting how Grayson had begun to pout.

"I'm not going to sit on the piano, Grayson."

"Yes, you are. Now come here."

"I'll smush it."

He laughed, and it echoed throughout our living room, hitting the wooden beams on the ceiling. "You'll smush the thing that literally weighs a thousand pounds? No, baby. It doesn't work like that."

I made a face.

The angle would be terrible, honestly. It wouldn't be similar to anything he imagined in his head, like the night at the gala when I had on that stunning burgundy dress with a slit higher than I'd ever dare to wear now. I knew that was what he wanted, and I hoped he realized what a different sight he would get.

I tried to look down at the sweatpants I had on. You know, just to compare them with the gown. But I couldn't even see them over my belly.

"I want to play for the baby," Grayson said, walking toward me. He kissed my forehead and then tugged me across our living room, which was cozy and cluttered, considering how much space the piano took up.

"I'll sit next to you," I said, moving to lower onto the piano bench.

But Grayson was persistent. He grabbed a blanket and a throw pillow from the couch, arranging them on top of the piano. Then, cutting out any chances to argue it further, he set me on top of the soft cushioning, picking me up like I weighed nothing.