A pulse 2 | Super Paper Mario

So,I was bored and looked through some earlier oneshots in here that I made and figured I'd do a part two of the "A pulse" oneshot. It seemed to have done well after all so maybe this might be delightful to read for some of you.

As you may know(if you've read the first part),we left it off with Dimentio stealing a sweet kiss from Y/N during a meditation break with O'chunks. So,we'll be looking at what happened afterwards(a few days later).

_______________________________________

Y/N POV:
I had so much trouble concentrating after that kiss and I think O'chunks noticed because he started this habit of asking me randomly if I'm okay and if I need more meditation. I'm starting to wonder if he saw anything. Or perhaps he could somehow hear Dimentio? I doubt they talked about it unless the topic of romance was somehow brought up.

But our charming magician knew what he did and I could tell he would do it again. He liked to get me flustered and sometimes even had the audacity to make me ask for favours with kisses. Now,I did like it but it was overwhelming. He is definitely having fun with this entire thing by having everyone believe that he has no clue at all. Nastasia even asked me if I had enough sleep when I tried to tell her.

I eventually decided to head for a walk,perhaps fresh air in one of the other worlds or maybe even a little battle can help me clear my head. But where should I go first?

"Y/N? May I speak with you for a second?"

Before I could even speak,I recognized that voice as Count Bleck's. He sounded serious...

"Y-yes,sir?"

I was fortunately greeted with a more gentle look on his face. This was rare but definitely not something surprising. He simply held out his hand and I couldn't tell if he-

"Can I take you somewhere private?"

Oh-

"Uh,sure! Where are we going?"

I calmly took his hand as he teleported us to a strange location. At least,I've never seen this place before. Everything was so... Cloudy. And I mean that in a literal sense.

"I know what is going on with you and Dimentio. He may be sly but hiding something like this truly isn't his strong suit. I just want to say that I approve of this entire thing but I do wish to tell you a little secret of mine."

I was honestly shocked he knew. The Count could actually see through one of Dimentio's lies for once.

"Always try to stay safe. The same will go for Dimentio. I know love can be such a painful experience to go through."

"Sir Bleck... Have you... Been in love?"

I could see his eyes darken. I must've hit a weak spot.

"I guess you could say that. Though,it was truly the most shattering memory of all."

I decided not to push my luck and padded him on the back,trying to be comforting. But we already went back to the castle before we could continue and Count Bleck went back to the Dark Prognosticus. And I already forgot what I was doing.

Just then,I felt a familiar touch on my neck again and jumped back to look at Dimentio. He only chuckled while I got goosebumps from the unexpected touch.

"Don't worry,my dear~ Dimentio is here~"

"I wasn't worried,Dimentio. I was surprised that you went for my heartbeat again."

Should I call him a pet name too?

"Awww~ But it's so fun feeling your pulse fasten in my presence~"

"Alright,whatever..."

Maybe...

"You're not usually this quiet,did something happen?"

Is he seriously concerned after just 5 seconds of silence?

"Don't worry,I'm just trying to figure out what would be a fitting nickname for you and what we should consider us as since you... Well... Yeah..."

I was honestly a little embarrassed of talking about it but I knew it would have to be done eventually. We both seemed to be quite red in the face but he was probably much more joyful.

"Well,I wouldn't mind calling you the deity of the new world~"

He probably knew we were alone... Lucky jester.

"I guess that's obvious,then... My love..."

God,I can't believe i said it like that!

"You'll be by my side,ruling the new world soon,love~"

He sounded a lot more cheerful than before. He must've liked the pet name. I just hope all goes well while we wait for the ending of all worlds...

I'm a bit curious about what my little jester can come up with for our own world...