Chapter1:Frankie

1985

The weather was getting warmer  and the wind getting stronger. Born and raised in California for all my life. As I stared at the window watching the cars passed by and strums my guitar. 

I closed my eyes as I listened to the radio that dad turned on during the car ride. We were moving to Los Angeles to San Francisco because of Dad being in charge of grandpa's finances after he retired and been living in Mexico.

I opened my eyes as I heard someone calling my name.

"Hey wake up Frankie, we are here." Jude, my brother said.

As I got out of the car, I looked at the huge house that had palm tress surrounding the areas.

Dad walked to the front door while holding an box with one hand and the house keys with his other hand.

He opened the door and me and my brothers walked inside viewing the whole place.

"Grandpa used to live here?" Derrick asked.

"Yeah he did." Dad said while placing the boxes on the floor and then lighting up a cigarette.

"Anyway boys unpack your shit and dinner will be ready in two hours." He said.

"When he say dinner will be ready in two hours, you know he is going to order some pizza because he can't cook." Jude said while laughing.

Dad gave him a death stare and  then rolled his eyes before walking away.

"I am surprised Dad didn't beat your ass." I said carrying a box while going up the stairs.

"I am not surprised either."Jude said while shrugging.

"This is really our new home?" Derrick questioned.

"Yeah it is crazy but why couldn't we just stay in San Francisco while dad just drive to Los Angeles because of grandpa's finances."  Jude said sarcastically.

"Jude he probably doesn't want to do a six or seven hours drive back and forth."

"You are not wrong about that Derrick."

******
Dad was yelling to someone on the phone while taking a bite of his pepperoni pizza.

I heard a slight of Italian mixed with a Hispanic accent coming out of his mouth knowing the fact he want to cuss at that person with his native tongue.

"I will call you back and I don't want to hear any bullshit coming out of your fucking mouth." Dad said while hanging up the phone.

"You three are starting school on Monday next week."

"What?! We just got here?" I said while chewing on my pizza and taking a sip of my coke.

"You have seen Los Angeles before Frankie so it is not like you haven't seen the whole city and besides y'all need education so don't think about dropping out."

A/N: More chapters coming tomorrow and also Frederick is not a bad father so don't think he is and he doesn't really care if he cuss front of his sons because they are teenagers anyway 🤷🏽‍♀️