Chapter4:Maria

It been a month and the rumors about the Dylan's started to die down. Within one month  I became great friends  with them and to be honest they are really not that bad even though I had some expectations about them.

"Maria what are you thinking about?" Valerie asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well you seems lost in thoughts so what is on your mind right now?" She questioned.

Well nothing is on my mind so I don't know what she is talking about and if sh3 is talking about him then I swear that she needs to stop.

"Nothing is on my mind Valerie." I said while closing my locker for the day.

"Something have to be on your mind."

"Well there is nothing and right now I am just only focused on myself."

"I get that but don't you think  that you want more in your life?"

As we walked out of the school, I started to think about what Valerie said but the thing is I do want more in my life even though it is not going to be easy.

"I don't know Valerie but what about you?"

Valerie sighed deeply before answering.  "I don't know yet." She says.

" Okay well I am hungry  so do you want to go eat at Mel's? " I asked knowing the foods there was really good and I would never stop eating there.

"You know I would never say no to that place."

........................

As we walked into Mel's, the jukebox was playing, people were eating and chatting and the aroma of food whiffed through the place.

I looked around and saw three familiar boys sitting in a booth laughing and talking.

One of them I recognized easily have the most-

"Earth to Maria." Valerie said while snapping her fingers at me.

"You keep zoning out and what are you oh I see." She said while smirking and I was wondering why she was doing that until I realized that she saw the person I was looking at.

"We should totally sit next to them and besides his brother is cute anyway." She spoke.

"Which one?" I asked wondering if she was talking about Derrick and Jude but I wouldn't care if she meant Frankie even though I hope she doesn't at all.

"I am talking about Derrick."

"Oh well that is good."  I said with relief.

"Who do you think I was talking about Maria?"

"Um no one that's all."

"I don't know why you can't admit that you like Frankie because it is not to tell."

"What I don't like him like that just only friends okay."

Valerie looked at me trying to figure me out but couldn't and I don't know why she would think I would have a crush on Frankie because that will be so funny.

"Okay if you say so then."

..................

" Hi guys." Valerie said as we walked toward to the guy's table.

They stopped what they were doing and looked up at us.

I couldn't stop staring at Frankie and I don't know why but something about him makes me feel warm inside and I hate it so much.

"Hey Valerie and Maria." Derrick said.

"Do you mind if we sit with you guys  if that is not a problem?" I asked.

"Yeah sure we wouldn't mind at all and besides you two are our friends." Derrick said.

Yeah I hope it stays that way.........

Couple minutes later, all of us was laughing at Jude's jokes while chowing down on our hamburgers and fries.

"Hey Maria, Valerie told me that you are into fashion and have drawn some designs."Frankie  said.

Of course she did and Valerie thinks that I don't know what she is doing.

"Yeah I have drawn some stuffs but I don't know if it is good." I said.

"Maybe one day you could show me." He said.

"Yeah maybe one I will day."

"So you see yourself as a fashion designer in the future?"

"Yeah I do it is my dream what about you?"

"A musician that what I want to do in the future."

"Can you sing?" I said inhaling the scent of his cologne  and the fact that he was sitting next to me so close doesn't help at all.

"Yeah I can, do you want to hear some?"

"Like right now?"

"No not right now but maybe later."

"Okay."

..................

August  6th, 1989

"You not over him aren't you?" Valerie asked.

"I have no idea on what you are talking about and besides I have a boyfriend so please stop talking about Frankie now."

"Maria stop lying you know you still love him and besides he treats you better than Pierce which I don't get why you are still dating him." She said.

I sighed and put the dress down  on the bed before looking at Valerie.

"Pierce and I may have our problems but I I love him alright." I said.

Valerie scoffed. "But does he love you?"

"Whatever Valerie and besides it was Frankie's decision to break up anyway because he only want to focus on music and right now I have been over him ever since that."

"What if he is not over you?"

I scoffed. "Please he  is probably dating someone and having a great time of his life."

"Actually he is not because Derrick told me that he been single  ever since that day but....." She trailed after that.

"But what Valerie?"

"Oh nothing I can't just tell you more but that was all."

To be honest right now I still have feelings for Frankie but I am dating someone which makes it weird even though I am trying so hard to forget about him which I couldn't at all.