5 9 Nataniel's Encounter

Aphrodite sat on her golden throne beside Phobos, the god and personification of fear and panic, Deimos, the god of dread and terror, Harmonia, the goddess of harmony and concord, Anteros, the god of requited love, Hermaphroditus, the god of hermaphrodites and of effeminates, Rhode and Eryx, daughter and son of Poseidon and Peitho, the goddess of persuasion and seduction. 

She looked into her golden goblet of Ambrosia while every other god chatted. The atmosphere was jolly, with the mother at the centre and all her children gods surrounding her. Some had not arrived yet, while some were getting ready to leave. When suddenly, Ajax walked in and stood before them. They all turned quiet and stared at him, "Who are you?" Phobos asked. 

"I'm Ajax, the demigod son of Aphrodite,"
They all began laughing, "What must a weak demigod do among gods of Mount Ida? Go back to the human world where mother made you," 
"But we are siblings," Ajax looked at them and Aphrodite got up.

"You, Ajax, are sore to my sight! A demigod of love, beauty, sex? Begone, vile creature! I was in lustful endeavours when I made you, the sight of you reminds me of my filth! Begone! Before I take away the very life I had mindlessly bestowed!" Aphrodite shouted and disappeared. Everyone else ignored him and slowly started fading away, "Wait, I'll come too!" He ran after them as their figures receded away, "No! Mother! Don't abandon me!"

Teardrops fell from Ariel's eyes as he slept and dreamt. He woke up and wiped his cheeks. He felt thirsty and decided to drink some water from the lake. He got up and walked towards the lake. He walked towards the lake, got on his knees and took some water between his palms. He drank heartily but suddenly felt a demonic presence. It was faint, but it was there. 

He got up and looked around, there was no demon there. But there must have been one. He walked back towards the fire and looked around. Adelaida and Annelece were sleeping beside the fire while Happiness slept under the tree. He moved away and looked around the forest, he ran through the trees, "JEVELENE!" 

Everyone woke up and looked at him, "She's gone!"
"What? Where? What happened?" Adelaida asked as she got up.
Ariel turned back and his eyes glowed goldenly and he punched a tree, which turned to gold and cracked from the middle, falling down.
"Calm down, Ajax-" Happiness got up.

"That demon irks every singular fang of my mouth..." His body glowed hot yellow from anger and the tree turned into a huge golden spear, "Tonight, I will put an end to his very miserable existence. Either he shall live," He held the spear, "Or I,"

. . .

Jevelene looked at the closing portal behind him, "You'll us back to the human world?"
"Of course, I will," Leviathan said and picked her up into her arms and she squirmed as she looked at his jaw. His features were very strong and haughty, unlike Ariel who had a softer, child-like face and gentler features. Seeing a demon so close, she almost felt an infinite void of darkness, fear and temptation, "I shall take you to your friend," He looked down at her and began flying into the red sky. She looked around. Beneath them was boiling lava, so hot that she felt she would melt alive lest he wasn't protecting her with his body. Volcanos, active and format were the entire landscape of hell, with a red sky and red moon shining at all time, it was the dim source of eternal energy, which meant Hell was eternal, eerie, red night. Always days, always boiling hot and nothing but rocks and volcanoes.

And this landscape of eternal suffering.
"And this is your home to call?" She asked him, politely.

He laughed, "Seems like you have been quite overwhelmed by the not so very welcoming climate of heaven,"
"I'm not particularly excited about it,"
"Believable. However, sadly I live in the watery abyss. I, myself, hate the fire. I only rule the oceans of hell,"

Belzebub looked into the magical mirror, he looked at Leviathan carrying Jevelene in his arms. He kept his glass of blood aside and licked his lips, "Well, well, well," His eyes glowed red and he smiled as he looked at the mirror, "This cosmic rumble creates me a thick soup of stars,"

His demonic beautiful, red eyes were sharp like a black cat, long, black eyelashes and decorated by black and grey askes around them, making artistical designs. Because art was life, and demons consumed both. His eyes halted at Jevelene's face and he smirked, his fangs became sharp and all other demons moved away from him.

"I love how evil I think," He got up and spread his huge, black wings and turned his head back to his familiars, "The girl, tell all other lesser demons, do not touch her. She would be my feast," 
He flew up with such grand power and colossal wind force that half of the demonic palace shook like an earthquake. 

His frame was so huge that with one flap of his wings, and the entire lava flowing under him dried and the goblins had to dig up their surface to keep the rivers flowing. The entire hell bowed as he traversed through his world because hell was his. 

And so was everyone who came there.

He had the first sin. 
And now, he had Jevelene.

. . .

Beth dropped his bows and got on top of Nataniel. He touched his face gently and gasped, "You're alive,"
Nataniel coughed and looked into his eyes, "So far,"
"How did you make it here alive?" 
Nataniel raised himself on his elbows and touched his forehead upon his brother's forehead, "Got lost...Wanna sleep,"

He fell back and Beth held his hands under his head. He picked Nataniel into his arms and watched him sleep. He smiled and walked towards the snowy hills. Nataniel opened his eyes softly, looking at the snow castle. It looked just as it used to, "Mom..." He mumbled and closed his eyes again. He slept for two days and finally woke up, with Beth beside him. 

He got up and looked at him, "How do you feel?" Beth asked.
Nataniel looked around, it was his snowy room. And the bed where he slept with Beth's blood on his face. But Beth was alive. He won't ever die or fade away, because now, in death, he was safe. 

"What are you wondering?" Beth asked and Nataniel hugged him tightly, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I let you dig the ditch and mom killed you,"
He hugged him back. Beth smiled and squeezed him gently, "Never held that grudge,"

Nataniel moved away, "Where is mother?"
"Not in hell, it's just us," He smiled.

Nataniel met all his long-dead brothers and his family. Everyone greeted him merrily, they were just how they were two hundred years ago. Gentle, kind yet bold. Those must have been the happiest moments in Nataniel's life. So happy, that he must have forgotten he was hell. Because love makes hell feel like heaven, who are gods to control?

That night, as he lay with his head on Beth's lap, looking at the half red, half white moon, he asked, "Why did you come to hell? You were evermore so kind,"
"Because we are ice monsters, Nataniel," He patted his head, "Which means heaven won't accept us regardless of our good deeds,"

"Then, why would you be kind?"
"Because it doesn't cost. Besides, not everything is done for heaven. Some flowers just grow in ice and bloom in hell, doesn't mean they won't be as pretty as a flower in heaven, they just won't be flowers of heaven."

"What about mother?"
"She was a goddess, so she went to heaven, naturally,"

"...If heaven has people like her, then it must be terrible..."
"We only know so much," Beth smiled, "Nataniel,"

"Yes?" Nathaniel looked at him. 
"I had always wondered, why did that demigod not kill you?"

-To be continued

Ajax DoujenisDear Ms Lady Demigod

Ajax Doujenis
Dear Ms Lady Demigod