**PROlOGUE**

Rick Riordan owns all my characters but Sam (you'll meet her later) and most of these places hope you like it but if you don't i know it sucks!!! In this story Percy never went to Yancy before he lived in New York he lived in North Carolina.

PROLOGUE:

GROVER'S POV:

"Chiron I can't do this, I'm already in trouble with the council, and if something goes wrong they will-"

"Nothing's going to happen, I believe in you!" Chiron, the centaur leader of the only place on Earth safe for Demigods, interrupted me before I could put myself down even farther.

"You said there was one child of the Big 3, Chiron there are three children! These three attract more monsters in a week than a regular demigod does in a month!" Yes a demigod, a demigod is the child of a god and a mortal, but these three demigods are special, they are children of the three most important god's Zeus, ruler of the skies and lightning, Hades, king of death and riches, and Poseidon, controller of the seas and storms, the three sons of Kronos.

"Are you implying that you wish to add more demigods into the mixture and put even more people in danger?" Chiron was looking at me skeptically, even though he wasn't in the teachers lounge of Abbington Disciplinary School for 'troubled teens' his facial expressions were clear through the Iris Message, or IM.

"I never said that, what i meant was maybe this is a job for a bigger, stronger, and better protector, I'm a relatively small satyr!" Yes, a satyr; a half goat half human Greek or Roman myth, but that's against the point. Before Chiron could reply I stated, "But help would be nice."

"I'll see if I can arrange," Chiron searched for the appropriate word," some companions for you."

"Thank you so much Chiron!" I couldn't believe he would do this for me!

"Don't get to excited, the people i have in mind haven't agreed yet, I will go talk to them wait there." I watched as he galloped off to confront the candidates for my companions. Chiron had been on the porch of the big house so i could see the nymphs playing songs on their reed flutes to Thalia's tree, young demigods rolling down the hill the tree was located on, and I could hear Mr. D (Dionysus) playing pinochle with other satyrs and maybe even a camper. I missed home and this was not making my homesickness any better.

I waited for about an hour and a half for Chiron, and I was about to end the call when he appeared back in the picture. His face was slightly red and his chest was heaving as he tried to catch his breath.

"So what happened?" Chiron looked up startled but then he realized it was only me.

Chiron cleared his throat and began talking in his gruff voice,"All my choices have agreed to accompany you on your journey." I released a sigh of relief, and decided not to question what took so long to accomplish.

"Who did you choose too accompany me on said journey?" Honestly I was curious, Chiron had an eye for talent and I trust whoever he chose to live up to Chiron's choice.

"I believe you know a few of my picks, but do you wish to see them?" I nodded eagerly I want to meet the people who will help me protect, currently, my three best friends.

Chiron sighed and looked around a bit. His arm reached out of my view and grabbed a nymph I knew as Juniper. She looked up at Chiron confused, but then noticed me and smiled sweetly, and her whole face lit up, she looked like an angel with her auburn hair blowing around her face and her little flower crown resembling a halo.

"Hey Grover I didn't know you were calling, I would have come earlier." She smiled and I could feel my cheeks heating up. Chiron shot me a knowing look, but none the less interrupted our little moment.