Chapter 16: Meet Leo Valdez and Frank Zhang

Ya'll know the schpeel i do not own Percy Jackson or any affiliated characters that would be rick.

Jason's POV:

"Mommy i don't want to" A little boy with blonde hair and sky blue eyes whined up to his mother. Winter break had just ended; and like all children he didn't want to go back to school,"Sweetie but you have to"

"Mommmy," the little boy whined.

"Sorry Jase I know that other kids make you nervous, if you ever get scared or worried tell Ms.Angelina that you don't feel well and she'll call me ok?" The boy nodded up to his mom and smiled.

"I'll be brave for you mommy!" the mother smiled at her son lovingly wiping the tears that fell from her eyes. She patted her son on the head and whispered in his ear.

"Once you get home i want to meet my new friend, and guess what?" her sons face brightened "What, what mommy!"

"She has two kids both your age," the young boy smiled and kissed his mom on the cheek "Im gonna miss school bye mommy!"

During playtime he played alone until a small brown haired dark skinned girl and a dark haired tan boy came in.

"Okay everybody look at me," Ms.Angelina said. All of the kindergartners looked over to their teacher "This is Hazel, and this is her brother Percy." the two kids waved at the class, grabbed the others hands, and walked over to the cubbies and put their bags in the only open ones.

Jason was still playing alone but he felt a small tender hand tap on his shoulder. He turned around and saw the girl that had been introduced "Excuse me," she started twirling hair around her finger "can i play with you?"  

Jason smiled and nodded,"Sure," they smiled at each other.

"I'm Jason you're Hazel right?" The small girl nodded "Can my brother play too?" 

"Ok If he wants to," then Hazel waved her brother over. Percy just hung his head down and went over to a coloring table. 

"Sorry let me go talk to him," Jason nodded embarrassed because Percy didn't want to play with him. Hazel talked to him and eventually Percy followed her over to Jason and the box of wooden blocks in front of him. 

"Hi I'm Percy!"

"I'm Jason," the boys nodded at each other and began building with their blocks.

They played until their mothers came to pick them up on the playground.

Jason's mother was the last mother to come and get their child. "Mrs.Grace in the future could you please pick your son up on time?" 

"Yes, yes of course I had a meeting and it ran a little late." Ms.Angelina however did not fail to notice the way the mothers hair was slightly ruffled, that the last few buttons on her shirt were undone, and that there was a slightly visible 'bruise' on the woman's neck. The teacher looked at Jason and realized he looked thrilled his mother was here so she decided not to say anything.

Jason ran to his car and pulled at his door but the door stayed shut. He looked behind him, his mother was walking towards him slowly while fixing her hair and buttoning the undone buttons. 

"Mommy unlock the car!" Ms.Grace smiled and unlocked the door. Jason jumped into his car and sat in his car seat, his mom came over and buckled him in his seat shortly after. 

"Are you excited to meet my friend?" His mom checked the mirror and made eye contact with him.

"Yes!" The small boy nodded enthusiastically and smiled brightly. The whole way there the mother and son sang songs that came on their local chlidren's radio station.