𝐕𝐈

After the "heartwarming" moment at the bar with Dean, Karina, and Gordon, they all return back to the motel room where the original trio was staying. Dean and Gordon were discussing the plan over a map on the table by the door. Karina was minding her own business by seeing Sam's phone on his bed.

That's strange... she said in her mind.

While Dean and Gordon were still talking over the plan, she slowly grabbed the phone in her hand. She was examining it carefully, thinking over it. She has a really strange feeling about this, and about the scenery between Dean and Gordon.

Dean began to speak up from his mind, thinking the same thing as Karina. "What time is it? Where is Sam?"

"Car's parked outside. Probably went for a walk. Seems like the take-a-walk type."

Karina's eyes shifted to Gordon, suspension in her eyes. She put Sam's phone in her back pocket and began walking up to them. The moment she appeared to them, the door was open. Sam was entering, looking fine. Mostly urgent.

Dean turned his back, seeing his brother in view. "Where you been?"

He looked at Dean and Karina, "Can I talk to you alone?"

Karina nodded, and she began walking toward Sam. Leaving Dean to ask Gordon his opinion of talking with Sam. He didn't mind. The trio walked outside, following Sam's steps to the parking lot.

Sam's head turned, "Guys, maybe we got to rethink this hunt."

Dean asked, "What are you talking about? Where were you?"

"In the nest."

Dean and Karina's eyes widen at the reveal. Karina walked up faster to Sam, looking up at him. "You found it?"

"They found me, Karina."

"Wait a minute, how do you get out by yourself? No weapons in your hands? Did you kill them?"

"None."

Karina's expression was confused with more answers from Sam. That didn't stop Dean's pointing out. "Well Sam, they didn't just let you go."

They all stopped walking out and seeing eye-to-eye with each other. "That's exactly what they did."

"All right, well, where is it?"

"I was blindfolded, I don't know."

Karina tried to comfort him, "Sam, think... What do you remember?"

"We went over that bridge outside of town, but guys, listen. Maybe we shouldn't go after them."

Dean and Karina replied in unison, "Why not?/Sorry?"

"I don't think they're like other vampires. I don't think they're killing people."

Dean's eyebrow raised, "You're joking."

"Dude, I don't think he's joking."

Sam paused, answering Karina's comment. After Dean saw Sam's serious look, he began to question. "Then, how do they stay alive or undead or whatever the hell they are?"

Karina remembered why they came for this case. Also, how does the Cullen family survives. She answered Dean's question as she looked at Sam, "They survived on animal blood, don't they? Which explains the cattle mutations."

Sam nodded. She stared at the distance and began to speak her mind. "Huh... Well, it worked on Cullens, it can work on them. If you actually believe the words, they were talking to you from their fangs."

Sam raised his arms and slightly smiled at her, "Look at me, Karina. They let me go without a scratch."

Karina thought for a moment, seeing the example from Sam. Dean looked between them, disbelieving at what his brother said to him and the Huntress.