Second chances

Jungkook's POV

*knock knock*

"It's not locked" I managed to shout out to my dorm mate who willingly open up the door.

"Hey buddy, the cafeteria is throwing us a free dinner! No idea why though and man, are you okay? What's with the.. Nevermind. Ciao" and with that note, my dorm mate shuffle his feet out my room.

I took my phone to checked the time and it's 7pm! Woah I took a 7 hour nap?! Okay. Aside that, I saw a text msg from... TAEHYUNG?! You gotta be kidding me. I was hesitant to read the msg so I head to the shower, a long one, maybe I was dreaming I thought to myself.

After 30 mins of just soaking myself in the bathtub, letting my thoughts relax telling myself that it was all a dream, I checked my phone once more and the message is still there!

Oh no Jungkook, this is definitely not a dream.

I tapped open the message and read what he said...

From: Tae Tae <3
Jungkook, I forgive you. It's 2 months now and I still can't forget you. Yes you are my other half, no matter how long we are apart, you're the only one who completes me and i realize that now. When I hear the name Jungkook in our school hallways, my heart skipped a beat and I turned around but sadly it wasn't you. Even if the water dries up and the moon stops shining, stars fall and the world goes blind, I would save my love for you. Im at fault too, Jungkook, for returning you the ring just cause I was so absorbed with my anger so I'm sorry. Would you be my other half again?

Yes, that's definitely Taehyung alright. my Taehyung. The sweet romantic words, the softness in his speech, his words which never fail to bring butterflies in my stomach. That's my other half right there. I was dumbfounded but happy so I typed him a reply.

To: Tae Tae <3
Taehyung, you don't even need to ask me if I wanted to be your other half again. I would easily say yes and what's with the apology? I'm the one who should apologize so forgive me, Tae. There's a free dinner at the cafeteria, do you erm... Wanna come over? We can have dinner and talk things out. Free stuff, I know that's your favourite (:

I pressed send and nervously wait for his reply. I kept reading back what I sent. Moments later, my phone vibrated. He replied!

From: Tae Tae <3
KOOKIEBAEEEEE YOU MADE ME THE HAPPIEST MAN ALIVE, AGAIN! Okay sorry for the enthusiasm but I'm glad you said yes. Free dinner? Yeah sureeeee. See ya!

Omg omg omg omg is this really happening? I pranced around my room like a fool with only my towel on (yes I was still undressed) and started to hyperventilate, my heartbeat beating as fast as a railway train due to this extreme excitement. I'm like a fangirl fangirling knowing that she's gonna meet her idol in less than 30 mins!

I decided to go simple so I just put on my white polo t-shirt and pair it up with my jean Bermuda shorts end it up with my timberland sport sandal. Once everything was set, I made my way to the cafeteria bumping into a couple of classmates along the way who was running just to grab free food. I couldn't help but roll my eyes but I guess that's what Taehyung would do too since it's free food.

Within 5 minutes, I've already step foot at the cafeteria and it was jam packed with final year students. I gasped. My eyes drifted around on what the school has prepared for us. It's like a feast! I could see sushi, hamburgers, chicken wings (BBQ, fried), Thai food (woah there's phad Thai!) and many more!

Hmm is this a farewell dinner?

I continued to look around at all these delicious food cause gosh I can't stand it, it all look so good!

"Looks like someone is hungry" I turned around to see Taehyung!

I scratch the back of my head and shyly replied, "Err yeah, let's eat?"

He nodded and we went around the buffet taking as much food as we can to our plate before settling at our seats near the window.

"Taehyung.."

"Shush Kookie, lets eat first and talk serious later alright?" He gave me a faint smile and started eating. I nodded then shook my head and giggled.

That's the Taehyung I know alright. Food first before anything.

Before we know it, we were done eating. That's how super hungry I was, him too. We decided to go someplace quiet to talk things out when suddenly our school head entered the cafeteria.

"Final year students, I hope all of you are enjoying yourselves with this "free dinner" or should I say, farewell dinner. Yes in less than a month you'll be graduating. For those who already have future plans, I wish you the best of luck! Throughout 3 years here, I could see all of you slowly maturing from goofballs to mature young adults. All the best out there after graduation. Make sure to have a bright and happy life ahead" with that he ended his short speech while the rest of the students including us clapped and cheered.

Yes in 2 weeks we will be graduating. Taehyung and I exchanged glances with each other. Is he thinking what I'm thinking? Nevertheless, I whispered to Taehyung that we should talk more at our dorm room. He nodded and we made our way back.

Back at the dorm, the atmosphere was heavy since none of us spoke a word but Taehyung eventually broke the silence.

"I kinda miss it here" his eyes darted around the room as he sat down on his bed. Or should I say, used to be.

"That's nice.. Well I miss.. You" I lowered down my tone hoping he won't hear. He looked at me and down to my left hand.

"So I see you still have the ring on?"

"Err yeah. You know right I still-" he cut me off

"Love me? I feel the same way too, Jeon Jungkook"

He said my full name and that's a sign that he is dead serious on what he is saying.

I was about to utter another word when he placed his index finger on my lips to shush me. He cleared his throat before continue saying..

"Just listen okay? Remember the day I told you about my future plans? I still mean it and earlier just now while listening to our school head talking about having a bright future. The first picture I painted in my mind was you and how happy we would be. Also Jungkook-"

This time, I was the one who shush him. I walked towards my drawer, taking out a small black box. I took out the ring and said, "Yes of course I do. I remember everything. With this ring, it's my turn to say our vow first. Forever and always, Taehyung" with that I slid the ring on his finger as a pleasant smile spread across his face.

He said the same back and we snuggled up to each other, not a single word said. Just us, feeling each other's warm embrace and cherishing every single moment we have from today forward.

There's a quote which goes,
"If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they are yours. If they don't, they never were"

In my case, he did, so yes he's mine while I'm his, forever and always.

************END************
A/N: So yup, it's finally done. You guys can check out my new Vkook fanfic if you want. Thank you so much for the support, beautiful people. Much love.

Xoxo,
A.