He Pick Me Up With 8

"Buttercup! Wake up," She heard tapping on her window. It was the middle of the night what did he want? Maybe if she ignored him he'll go away. This was the eighth night in a row that he'd come over. What was so damn important?

"BC!" He shouted. Obviously he wasn't going to leave. She considered ignoring him some more but she heard Bubbles groan. Buttercup threw the blanket off her and sat up. She saw Butch floating right outside, a smile spreading his lips. She got out of bed yawning and scratching her head.

"What do you want?" She asked after opening up the window. He reached out to flatten some of the hairs she knew were sticking out but stopped when the bedroom door opened. Buttercup tensed, thinking it was her father. The hall light lit up their faces as she turned to the Professor but when she saw that is was Bubbles lazily walking out, she relaxed.

"This better be good because I was enjoying my sleep."

"It is. It will be anyway. Look, just be ready to go somewhere tomorrow, okay?"

"It is tomorrow, Butch."

"It's not tomorrow until I fall asleep and wake up," He declared.

"Fine," She sighed, "What time?"

"Oh, um," Butch thought. Buttercup rolled her eyes. He never thinks these things through.

"Pick me up at eight," She shut the window and went back to bed. Butch tapped on the glass again to get her attention and waved goodbye before flying off.

Butch liked outer space. It was a quiet place where no one could bother him, not even Brick. He hung out up here whenever his brothers were irritating him or when Buttercup couldn't hang out. It wasn't like he didn't have other friends, he did, but what was the point of being with them when his best friend was no where in sight.

Tonight he brought Buttercup to his favorite spot in space. There was an asteroid belt too far for regular people to reach. He thought she'd like to see. It was away from everyone and had a great view of their galaxy. He liked it when it was just him, the stars, and planets. He seemed to love it with Buttercup lying next to him, staring up at the permanent night sky.

"I like it here," She said.

"Yeah? I thought you might," Butch kept his eyes on her.

She gazed up at the stars, catching every movement they made. Her eyes reflected all the glimmering twinkle lights perfectly. They softened that hard look she always had in them. Butch was propped up on his elbow, on his side, admiring the stars in her dark green eyes. He wondered how people could look up at the real thing and think it was beautiful when the way her eyes caught their light was much better. He couldn't remember why he had ever hated her. He had been made to destroy her and now look at him. Ignoring the view of this amazing place just so he could take in every inch of her face.

"What are you staring at?" She asked.

"Nothing," He didn't take his eyes off her. Why would he?

Buttercup gave him a look which faded into a small grin before she faced the planets. They were close. All he had to do was lean down and press his lips to her's but he didn't do that. Instead he reached for her hair. It was down to her shoulders now. He liked it short but he loved to play with it when it got like this. He combed his fingers through it, separating strands of jet black hair and dropping them as they got to his finger tips. They curled in different spirals on the asteroid's dusty surface. They resembled ink markings on a bored student's notebook.

"You're so fucking weird, Butch," Buttercup laughed.

"Yeah," He flopped onto his back to distract himself from her. It wouldn't work. Any moment now and he'd be back to gazing at her because she was more beautiful than all the dark skies put together. He liked it when it was only them and no one else. Just the stars, planets, him, and her.