Make Me Feel So Lucky 7

Boomer's voice rang throughout their home. It was a lovely sound to hear first thing in the morning. Bubbles sniffed the air.

Food, She thought. She opened her eyes and got out of bed, instantly feeling how cold it was. She grabbed her boyfriend's sweater off the chair before walking out. His singing got louder as she reached the kitchen where he was cooking. She noticed he was also dancing around. He did a little spin and saw her watching. Bubbles giggled at the way his cheeks turned a deep shade of red. It was cute how he still got like this around her.

"What's for breakfast, honey?" She questioned, sitting down at the table.

He kissed the top of her head, "Pancakes. Bacon for me and I made you a fruit salad. It's right there."

Bubbles followed the line of his arm to the end of the table. She reached for it and looked inside to see its contents; pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, bananas, oranges, grapes, and blueberries. She picked up a fork and tried it. There was a hint of lemon juice and she felt the grains of sugar on her tongue. Boomer placed a plate of pancakes in front of her. He sat across from her with his own plate of food and smiled at her.

"Thank you," Bubbles returned the grin.

"It was my pleasure."

"You make me feel so lucky," She leaned over the table to kiss his cheek.

"I love you," His face was still pink. Only she didn't know if it was from before or because his emotions couldn't be explained by three little words. His body had to let her know he felt more than just love. She couldn't think of anything stronger than those words either.

"I love you too," So she said them back and felt her cheeks stealing his color.