From That 2

I do mention abortion in this so I'm not sure if that triggers anyone reading this. Just wanted to let you all know!

"What are we going to do?" Blossom asked. Brick was seated across from her on the tub ledge, staring at the thing in front of them. It was laying there. A giant elephant in the room that neither of them wanted to mention but they kept staring at it. It was laughing at them. Telling them they had failed.

"Something," Brick shook his head, "You could..." He gave her a look. A look saying, 'you know what I'm trying to get at but I don't want to say it out loud.'

"I'm not doing that! Are you nuts?!"

He sighed in frustration, "Blossom we can't handle this. Not right now. You're getting a promotion soon and my company is taking off! We can't handle a baby!"

"But that goes against what I believe in! How dare you suggest that to me! Just because I'm pro-choice does not mean I would ever get one myself!"

"I know," He took his eyes off the mocking pregnancy test, "I know. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you. I know you're just sca-"

"I am not scared! I'm fucking terrified!"

"Oh, Brick, come on. It's just a baby! When I get that promotion I could work from home and you already work from home so it's a win-win."

"And you're okay with that?"

"I think I am."

"Are you sure?" He questioned.

"No but I'm sure that what ever happens, we'll be okay. If it comes out positive then we'll work it out. There are some very successful stay at home moms!"

He nodded. They said nothing for what felt like forever, only stared at the test. It seemed to be taunting him. Laughing at him for letting the condom break, for not being careful enough, for telling Blossom they didn't need her on birth control if she didn't want to take it. Because she didn't want to take it. She had too many things to remember. Pills were the least of her concerns. Brick only wanted to make sure she was okay.

She glanced at her watch, "It's been 3 minutes."

"You wanna check or do you want me to check?"

"Could you do it? I'm kind of scared," Blossom was tapping her fingers on the counter.

"Alright," He picked it up, "Here we go."

"Wait!" She stopped him from flipping it over, "Whatever happens, I love you."

"I love you, too," He gave her a small smile. They both took in a deep breath and he heard her let it out but he held onto it. Brick flipped the test over and sighed.

"What? What does it say?!" Blossom was frantic.

"Negative. It's negative," He gave a little laugh. He glanced up at her and noticed the hint of sadness in her eyes. Maybe she wanted this more than she lead on. He saw the results, and they were what he wanted them to be, but now he felt a bit of disappointment too.

"Well," Blossom stood from her seat, "I guess we can stop worrying about that."

"Blossom," He sighed again, "Did you want this to go a different way?"

"Brick, you can sense things. You tell me," She let her eyes fall to the floor. He felt guilty. How could he have suggested abortion to her? He was so caught up in what would happen to him if they had a child that he completely neglected her feelings. Brick should've sensed that she wanted this.

"Um," He bit his lip, "We could try to, you know, have one? If you really want to."

"But do you want a baby? I won't have one and then have you not wanting them. It's not fair to them."

"I will love them with everything I have because they came from you and I love you, Blossom. I want to have a family with you and if you want to have it a little earlier than planned," He paused and nodded, "I'm okay with that."

"Really?"

"Really," Brick assured her. He did believe that he was okay with this. He wanted a family with her. They had always planned on it.

"Want to go try to make one right now?" Blossom licked her lips. She twirled and strutted away, indicating to Brick with her finger to follow her. He wasted no time in chasing after her. If they were going to have another little human with them, he had to use his time wisely while it was just the two of them.