He Kiss Me In His 6

He hesitated and started with her name, "Blossom."

"Yes, Brick?" Her voice was like a warm blanket being wrapped around him. He loved her voice.

"I think we," He shook his head, "I mean are we, um... Never mind."

"Oh, okay." She sounded disappointed.

They fell into an awkward silence. Why couldn't he tell her what he wanted to? He just wanted to know if they were a 'thing'. Something more than friends, that is. He wanted to be. He didn't want her to belong to anyone else. Not that he'd take possession of her because no one could own someone else. He only wanted to make it clear that she was unavailable to the public. Brick didn't want any other boys thinking they had a shot.

He went to speak again when he saw her hand reaching for the radio. Part of him wanted to tell her not to turn it on, so they could talk, but another part told him to let her do it. It would kill the silence without making it any worse. If it could even get any worse. Blossom turned the dial, stopping briefly at each station to listen to what was playing. She settled on a song Brick couldn't stand but he didn't change the station.

He groaned, "This song is so annoying."

"What? You don't like Beyonce?!" She asked, shocked that someone didn't like the queen.

"I love her," Brick nodded.

"But?" There was always a but.

"But, Boomer played this song on repeat for a month straight," Brick shuddered as he remembered how torturous the song had gotten by the end of its popularity.

"Bubbles used to sing this song so much that I learned the lyrics before I had even heard the song," Blossom gave a short laugh.

"I blocked most of them out. I hate this song." He looked at her and caught her smirking at him.

"Oh, killin' me softly and I'm still falling! Still the one I need! I will always be with you," She sang.

"No, don't," He laughed. They stopped at a red light as the countdown began. Blossom started to dance in her seat. The lyrics left her lips as laughter rather than singing.

"He pick me up, we 8("We? I thought it was with?" Brick shook his head, amused by her). Make me feel so lucky, 7. He kiss me in his 6. We be—"

The music disappeared into the background until he couldn't hear it anymore. It was nothing compared to the beating of her heart. He could feel it on his finger tips. Her lips were smooth and she tasted like strawberries. Brick pulled her hair out of the way, making the cherry blossom fragrance of her red locks fill his car. The smile her lips formed against his made his chest tighten. His cheeks felt warm when she giggled and when her hand touched his face, butterflies invaded his stomach. Blossom pulled away slowly and gazed into his eyes.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

A car horn broke their trance. Brick sat back into his seat and drove off before the person behind him had a heart attack. He felt her big doe eyes on him but he forced himself not to look. If he did, even just a quick glance, he would've had to pull over and kiss her again. She shifted in her seat and messed with the radio until they got to her house.

"Thank you, Brick," Blossom said from the sidewalk.

"No problem, Red." He decided to wait for her to enter her home to make sure she made it safely. A super being like herself could handle the twenty feet from his car to the front door but he wanted to stay anyway. She was almost there when she stopped and spun on her heel. She walked back to his car and sat inside it.

"Blossom—"

He started but didn't get to finish saying her name. Blossom pulled him forward and crashed their mouth together. This kiss was faster but still rhythmical. He expected nothing less from a dancer. Everything she did had rhythm, from walking to talking. She pushed him away carefully after a moan had escaped his throat.

"Thank you," She beamed.