Lust

~Jorel~

"Wait.. Wait, wait.. What?" I slurred, still half awake from waking. Tian shook her head, and Dom burst into tears.

"You said you'd give him a chance!" Tian practically screamed in his face. Aron gently pushed Tian away, tears filling his eyes.

"George, you said you'd give him a couple more chances!" Dominique sobs.

I was more than confused. I had no idea what they were talking about, nor did I want to know. Just thinking about what they were possibly talking about made me angry. Why would they do this to a friend? Giving them chances?

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I scream, shutting everyone's mouth. A nurse poked her head in to see what the commotion was. Everyone layers eyes on me.

"We knew you weren't going to stop." Tian wiped a tear away with her thumb, sniffled.

"We don't want you to be this way, also we don't want to see you even more hurt." Dominique breathed, George putting a large hand on her shoulder.

"Or even.. Dead." Mike said, lifting his head up from staring at the ground.

My. Heart jumped. It was true. Why leave this place with the best people in the world? Why leave it when you know that there are people out there that love you, and care for you more than anything? It was selfish, a very selfish, gross and nasty thing to even think about. You may feel hurt, but you know who suffers the most? The ones who've been there by your side that care and love and respect you. When you dangle off the edge of the earth, it may be your last day before falling. Or maybe, just maybe something will pull you back up to save you from the darkness.

I had no words. No words would possibly come out of my mouth. A dozen emotions were felt. I felt as if I needed to cry but at the same time be angry. A lump formed in my throat.

"I won't cut anymore.." I whisper.

"A near death situation is enough for us. If Mike never found you, you'd be-- be gone." Aron whispered.

George slipped his hand in his pocket, only to pull out his phone. My muscles tensed, then felt everyone's gaze. I watched as he flipped his phone open, then dial some number very carefully. Dominique grasped his arm, trying to stop him. Tian stepped forward towards him, making Aron and Dylan grab her arms to hold her back. I felt a tear fall out of my eye, and I wanted to get up from the bed, but I was too weak.

He raised the phone up to his ear, my heart started knocking against my chest, telling me to let it out. My mind screamed. I felt a bit light-headed, then had the world spinning before me.

"John--" I started, but it was too late.

"Hello Mrs. Decker, it's George." He answered politely.

"George.." I put a hand to my mouth, holding back tears.

"Jorel is in the hospital... Yeah, he will explain when you get here. Room 203." He hung up. Tian hid her face in Daniel's neck, while some stood there and cried. The sadness made me even more self-conscious, and also had me wanting to cry.

The room was silent other than the sobbing of the girls'. I felt terrible. I could see my next few years coming, knowing no one will believe that I was a good person, only knowing me for going to some "psycho school". I stared at George the whole time.

My mom hurried in, followed by my dad. She scanned the room worriedly, then laid eyes on me. She ran over, taking my hand gently, "Oh my gosh, what happened?!" She exclaimed.

My gaze fell upon Johnny once again. He nodded towards me, and I actually saw tears brimming his eyes. He rose, walking quietly out the door. The others followed. "Go ahead." He urged, his voice crackling and breaking.

I finally had the courage to make eye contact with my mom. She examined my wrists, and the bandages that were on them. Tears slid down my cheeks spontaneously, making me totally loose it.

"I cut myself, ma." I sob, trying to catch breathes between.

Silence. My mother's gentle touch on my shoulder was enough to make me glance up at her. Fear and sadness filled her eyes, and I knew she was grasping at words to say.

"You can't do that to yourself, Hun.." She shook her head, only to burst into tears.

"I tried stopping, but it just kept happening," I repeat, "it just kept happening.."

"I don't know what to do." Mom said.

"We will think about this later. Son, you're the only--well, son we have now. We love you so much, and it hurts us to see you like this. All of us love you. I don't know what to say.." My father took a deep breath, covering his mouth with his hand, dragging it across his chin before it limply fell off his face.

"We will talk to you in a bit. I bet you're tired, and you should get some rest." Mom pats my hand gently, getting up and walking out of the room.

Dad took a glimpse at me, then got up from the chair he had found, then walked out behind her. Before the doors closed, I heard the words;

"I don't know what to do.."

"Boarding school?"