Chapter One

January 4th, 2018

It was mine and Hope’s 6th birthday but everyone was out to celebrate Hope. They never took me out to celebrate our birthday. To them it was just Hope’s birthday. I quietly snuck out of my room and made my way downstairs. I grabbed some food and a drink then sat down at the table to eat. Once I finished eating I was dancing in the living room but once I heard the door knob jiggle I quickly ran upstairs to my room. I sat back down on the bed and waited for someone to yell my name for me to do something. Instead of my name being yelled I heard a soft knock on my room door. After a second the door opened and there stood my Auntie Davina. She had a soft smile on her face as she walked over to me. She put her bag down on my bed and picked me up. She spun me around in a circle before wishing me a happy birthday. 

Davina: Happy birthday angel

Navaeh: Thank you Auntie Davina but aren’t you supposed to be out celebrating Hope

Davina: I would much rather be here celebrating my little angel then celebrating Hope

Navaeh: Won’t they get mad that you didn’t go

Davina: I can take care of them 

Navaeh: If you say so Auntie

Davina: I got you a birthday present

Navaeh: Can I see it please

Davina: Here you go angel

A gift bag was passed over to me. As I took out the tissue paper I saw a bunch of different sized boxes. Smiling, I pulled out the smallest one which was on top. I was wrapped in a nice pretty sky blue and lilac purple. Inside the box was a really cute pair of rose gold earrings that had a diamond in the middle of them. They were designed to look like the flower part of a rose. I put them next to me and grabbed the next box. This one had two bracelets inside it. One of them matched my earrings and the other was a beaded bracelet with my name on it and a heart at the end of it. After I put it down I opened another box and this one had the matching necklace to my earrings and then a cute butterfly necklace that had an extra angel and a heart on it. By now there were only two boxes left. I opened the next box and inside were three pairs of sneakers. The first was a pair of slip-on vans. They were a light baby blue color with white checkered prints on them. The next was a pair of white velcro adidas with a holographic brand mark. The last pair of shoes were white hightop Nikes with the logo in rose gold. The last box was huge. When I opened it there were a bunch of clothes inside of it. Auntie Davina said that they were outfits and that there were two outfits for each pair of shoes. The first outfit I saw was a light baby blue dress with a white jean jacket. I knew that this outfit went with the vans. I took the next outfit out. It was a yellow romper with a light washed jean jacket. I paired this outfit with my adidas. The next outfit was a bit different. It was a light pink Nike tracksuit with a white t-shirt. I knew instantly that this was for the Nike shoes. The next outfit I pulled out was a light washed jean romper, it was full leg and stopped at the elbow with a black tank top for under and a white bandana. I put this one with my vans and pulled out the next outfit. This outfit consisted of white leggings, alight purple tank top, a black leather jacket and a cute pair of sunglasses. I paired this outfit with my Adidas and took out my final outfit. This one obviously went with the nikes so as I pulled it out I was surprised at what I saw. It was a light pink dress with glitter on it, a white trench coat, and a white baseball cap. Once everything was opened I gave Auntie Davina a hug and thanked her for my gift. She then helped me put everything away and put my new jewelry on before we started practicing some spells. We practiced spells for about an hour before we heard everyone come in the door. Auntie Davina picked me up and grabbed another gift bag before walking downstairs. When we got down there everybody stopped what they were doing and looked at us.