S2~01: Mouri Monitor

Dream:

The fire burned everything into ashes. No one was left alive.

"Ah!" Runa gasped when she couldn't feel her body.

Everything was blurr, she couldn't hear anything. Black dots covered her vision as she felt like her life was just slipping away.

"To think such a weak creature exists." A female voice with high authority spat.

Runa looked where she heard the voice. Even though everything was blurry, she could make out a few words.

"You *** possess such power yet a *** weak like you is a disgrace to the *** name." The voice continued.

'Who is that...?' Runa weakly wondered. She wished she could see clearly.

"Leave *** alone!" A voice similar to hers yelled.

'Is that...?' The last thing Runa could remember was a powerful blast of light hitting her body... And a hand grabbing her.

Dream ended:

"Ah!" Runa yelped as she shot up, not wanting to continue the nightmare. Her breathing was ragged as her body was covered in sweat.

"Runa!"

Runa jumped and looked down and immediately relaxed when she saw a familiar pink fureball. "M-Mav-*Cough!*Cough!*" Runa covered her mouth, she felt her throat was a bit dry.

Mavis picked up the mug next to the raven-haired beauty's bed. "Here." She held it out to the girl.

Runa accepted it and drank the water, feeling her throat soothing up. "W-Where... am... I...?" She slowly asked. She then noticed her hands had bandages on them. Runa reached over to her neck and felt some wrapped around her neck. She reached over to her head and felt some wrapped around her forehead. She pulled the collar of her kimono and saw her torso wrapped in bandages, also. "And... what... happened...?"

Mavis smiled weakly. "You don't remember?"

Runa shook her head gently.

"You sang your Swan Song."

Runa gasped inaudible. Then flashes came to her mind, hurting her head. Runa grabbed her head, feeling a small headache coming in. "That's right... The yakuma... it was... And I was..."

"Calm down." Mavis said, flying to the ground. "You were out for more than a week."

Runa stared blankly at the fureball.

Even so, Mavis could tell the girl was in shock. "You also have a heavy fever."

'Of course, I did...' Runa thought, sweatdropping.

"But it isn't as bad now." Mavis quickly added.

"Again... Where... am... I...?" Runa asked.

"You're at Toyotomi's castle." Mavis replied. Her face then turned grim. "Hanbee has been worried like hell." She softly said. "Everyone is."