S3~03: Disorted Mirror

Shinga, a world where non-human warlords of the Gegga Tribes dwell. Each fought for the sake of unification as the yakuma are now history. However, a new enemy spring into action just as they came, declaring war against the seven armies while wanting to kill Runa, for the purpose of getting their hands on a relic known as the Amalgam.

◇◇◇◇◇

It was early in the morning. After what happened last night, the Toyotomi clan was trying to wrap their heads around that a new enemy had declared war against not only them, but the entire Gegga Tribes.

Yuzuki glanced at Hideyoshi, who sat rather quietly on his throne, in worry. It wasn't just him. The others have been pondering on their new enemy all night. She wondered if they had gotten any sleep. As for Runa...

"What should we do, Hideyoshi-sama?" Mitsunari asked, breaking the heavy tension in the room.

Hideyoshi pondered about the question over and over in his head, engraving it in his memory as he thought on what they should do. For one thing, they don't know much about their enemy. They use the same type of weird armour Runa and the Faeries used, and they can summon those monsters with the Solomon's Cane that was suppose to be destroyed - or should he say, out of this world.

"We should ask Runa what happened." Hideyoshi stated.

Hanbee's hands instinctively clenched on his lap.

"Huh?" Yuzuki was confused.

The rest of the vampires were confused.

"Runa? Why?" Toshiie asked.

"She fought against the enemies and managed to kill one of them." Hideyoshi answered.

Everyone, except Hanbee, gasped.

"S-She killed one of them?" Mitsunari questioned, making sure he had not misheard his commander. Because, Runa, the small, petite child, who refuses to fight, killed an enemy?

"Yes." Hideyoshi nodded. "But before that, she managed to get some information out of the other three." His eyes trailed over to Hanbee, who had a distressed expression. "Hanbee." Hideyoshi called out.

The cross dresser reluctantly raised his head, quickly masking his emotions. "Yes?" He asked.

Hideyoshi narrowed his eyes at this. "Sorry, but I have to ask her what happened."

"Is... that so? Then I could answer them. Runa-chan told me." Hanbee mentioned.

"She told you?" Kanbee questioned. Then again, he should have seen it coming since Hanbee was the only person Runa confided to, beside the Faeries.

Hanbee nodded.

"Okay, let's start by how she knows how to use this Sympho-whatever-you-call-it." Hideyoshi started.

"That's... complicated." Hanbee replied, unsure clearly in his town.

"Wrong answer."

"Is that all?"

"No. Where did she learn how to fight like she does?"

"She watched us fight." Hanbee deadpanned. "She might have picked up a few techniques, and changed them to suit her style."

An awkward moment filled the room.

"He has a good point there." Toshiie awkwardly pointed out. He would guess that after what happened, they didn't have time to come up with logical explanations for Runa's actions.