But I Love Quinn

Logan stood on the beach breathing heavily from running. He had finally caught up to her a clasped his hand around her wrist so she couldn't keep running.

"Stop." He panted.

"Let go." Dana demanded.

"No." He breathed out. "Not until I know why. I have to know why."

"Why what?" Dana snapped as she tried to pry herself from his grip.

"Why are you a stripper?"

"That's none of your business!" Dana yelled fighting the urge to start crying. "Why are you getting married?! I got booked for a bachelor party and the groom is you?!" She was breathing heavily.

Logan sighed. "Yeah." He let go of her wrist hoping she wouldn't run as soon as he did. "I'm marrying Quinn Pensky. Member her?"

Dana looked at him in shock. "Uh, the freaky weird chick? Why?"

Logan grinned. "Because I love her. I love Quinn Pensky."

"How?" Dana scoffed. "How can you love Quinn? Out of everyone, why Quinn? She's such a freak."

Logan shrugged. "Yeah. I won't deny she can be pretty freaky and she's totally weird, but she's also smart and funny and beautiful." He smiled the more he thought about her. "She's clever and kind, sweet and sexy, and a genius. I was totally embarrassed to start dating her and she was embarrassed to be seen with me too so we started sneaking around together. Then on prom night-" Logan looked out at the ocean as his mind traveled to the night he revealed his relationship with Quinn to everyone. "-She looked so beautiful in that sparkly blue dress and all I wanted to do was dance and kiss and hold her in my arms all night, but we were still a secret so we chose each other's dates. I wanted to make sure she wouldn't wanna dump me for her prom date so I chose Zoey's little brother, you remember Dustin?"

Dana nodded, but didn't speak.

"And Quinn chose Stacey for me."

Dana made a face.

"We were both miserable." He chuckled. "All night, well most of the night. Finally, Stacey decided to kiss me and I couldn't take it anymore. I shouted out that I love Quinn. Of course everyone was shocked. Then Quinn shouted out that she loved me and we ran to each other and kissed. We spent the rest of the prom dancing like we should have from the start." Logan blushed a little. "Then we went back to her room and one thing led to another." Logan sighed and then he finally looked back at Dana with a lopsided grin. "Anyway Quinn is pregnant and I'm gonna marry her, but it's not just because I knocked her up. It's because I'm in love with her."

Dana couldn't hold them back anymore, the tears she tried to push away came to her eyes and fell down her cheeks silently as Logan explained everything.

"Woah!" Logan gasped. "Why are you crying?" He asked in shock.

Dana shook her head and forced herself to smile through her tears. "You finally fell in love, but it's not me you fell for, that's pretty sad and kinda pathetic because back when we were hanging out.. I fell for you." She grinned until her cheeks hurt. "I fell for a dumb jerk who tried way too hard to act cool." She wiped the water from her eyes. "And now he's this cool guy who's responsible and sweet and it's all because of some other girl." Dana shook her head. "You were supposed to keep being a jerk so when I saw you again someday I could tell myself I dodged a bullet, but you're not."

Logan frowned and took a step toward her. "Yeah I am." He shrugged. "I have changed, because of Quinn, but ask anyone.. I'm still a huge jerk."

Dana shook her head. "No, you're not. You're a good guy, Logan.

"Dana-"

"Forget it. I told myself that someday we would meet again and I would tell you how I felt back then and I did. I expected you to be the same guy I left behind, but you're right, you have changed and I'm happy for you." Dana chuckled and grinned.

Logan frowned. "I liked you, a lot, back then." He sighed. "I even told Micheal you were the one that got away and I'm glad we got to spend time together alone without being at each other's throats. I missed you a lot when you left." He smiled. "But I love Quinn."

Dana nodded. "Yeah, I get it. I'm happy for you. I was hoping you wouldn't be a playboy forever."

Logan chuckled. He pulled his wallet out of his pocket. "How much did Micheal pay? I'll give it back and you can leave without showing your body to some dumb playboy and his idiot friends."

Dana rolled her eyes. "I should pay it back to you guys. Micheal already bought a dance and show. I'm the one backing out of the deal I should pay Micheal back."

Logan shook his head. "No. I'm paying you double whatever Micheal paid to not strip and leave. How much was it?"

"A dance is 50 and removing clothes is 200, but you don't have to pay me back." Dana explained.

Logan pulled some money out of his wallet. "Okay, I'll give you 500 to quit your job. Don't take your clothes off for a bunch of drunk idiots or old perverts. Okay?"

Dana shook her head. "I'll take the 500 and leave, but I need this job. It pays better than most and I don't care about taking my clothes off. I only freaked because it was you, but usually I have no issue."

Logan frowned. "Why do You need this job? There are better jobs that don't require you to be naked. Get one of those."

"Those don't pay nearly enough."

"Then don't have a job. We're teenagers. Who cares if we have jobs yet?" He scoffed.

Dana glared at him. "With that mentality you won't be able to support Quinn or your kid. You should already be looking for a job. Kid's cost money. They aren't easy to provide for! You have to work! Make money any way you can so your kid gets what they need! You can't just knock up a girl and leave it all up to her!"

Logan was shocked at her outburst. "You sound like.. You have a kid?" His statement came out like a question, but he was sure he already knew the answer.

Dana narrowed her eyes. "Yeah. So what if I do? I have to provide for her. I have to make money."

Logan gulped. "How old is she?"

Dana rolled her eyes. "She's not yours. Don't stress about it."

"How old is she?" He asked again.

"Three." She admitted.

Logan gulped again. "So you did leave PCA because you got-"

"She's not yours."

"You say that, but we lost it to each other so who else did you-"

"That's none of your business."

"Dana-"

She grabbed the money out of his hand. "I'll take your money and leave like you want. Thanks." Then she ran away again.