The clone

The moment Anne was already out of sight on Bry's eyes. The boss took off, a grin beginning to appear on

his face

Meanwhile,

The sun had set already and darkness took over. The detainees had finished their dinner and was already on their dorms.

All of them were asleep and Dani took this chance to go and ask her guardian about what happened earlier.

She hopped out of her bunk quietly,trying not to wake up the sleeping girls.

Finally, she reached the place where Anne should be sleeping but found no one.

she scrunch her nose in confusion.

"Now where is she this time?" Dani muttered to herself . Just as she was about to return on her bed,she saw a figure on the corner of her eyes causing her to look up in the window just in time a figure in a hoodie passed by.

Recognizing the hoodie, she used her power to catch up with the figure which she assumed was Anne.

The figure kept walking which results in Dani to keep following. Dani cant see the face yet as she is hiding a few feet away from the figure.

Finally, they reached the middle of the forest. Dani stopped immediately. She saw the figure meet up with a few more people. She did not know any of them. Then all of them suddenly vanished.

Dani stared in confusion. Suddenly,they reappeared just a few inches infront of Dani. She screamed in horror as she dashed out of the forest.

One of them looks like Anne, dani realized as she tried to recall the faces. More confusion were formed on her head as she came face to face to Anne just as she reached their dorms.

Anne looked at her, arms crossed.

"Where were you? It is late. I could give you some detention." Dani cringed at the way Anne spoke it with so much stern in her voice.

"I..i was looking for you and i saw you outside with a hoodie so i followed you which led me to the forest. Then you went to a group of people but you guys suddenly vanished then suddenly popped right in front of me causing me to scream and run right..here." Dani panted as she finished stating the facts.

Anne furrowed her eyebrows at Dani. " Dani it is not me. I've been here all along. Let's talk about this some other time.You need to sleep. Practice tomorrow."

and with that, Anne dragged Dani towards the room.

————

"Okay everybody! Five minutes break!!!" One of the guardians announced which was followed by relieved sighs from the detainees. This is another day of training.

The scene yesterday evening was a bit blur on Dani's memory. She's trying to remember what happened but it aches every time she tries. It is like someone had blocked it from being remembered.

"Dani are you feeling okay?" Lauren sat beside Dani as she looked at her younger sister who's currently shutting her eyes tight.

"No...maybe a bit. It still hurts." Dani replied as she massaged her temples. After awhile she felt larger hands replaced her own hands from massaging her temples. She recognized the touch. she tried to open her eyes but she felt weak,

"It's okay Dani. It's just me. " Ian said. Dani smiled hearing his voice.

Ian had been helping Dani a lot since they met each other and Dani had finally admitted to herself that she likes the boy. More than a friend. But she's not planning to tell him anytime soon.