Chapter 3: A Whole New World

"Well, where do we start? What would you like to know?" Azul stile a glance from Mirabella. Somehow, she seemed so lonely and confused.

      "Um.. well, what's a tribe?" She was unsure what she wanted to ask about first. Her palms lay against the soft cushion that felt cold and smooth like silk with lines that feel like the edge of a leaf.

       "Tribes, huh?" He had quite the intrigued face and reflective sea green eyes, webbed hands under his chin. Rich blue spots of scales ran from his forearm down to his elbow.

      His chiseled chest had marks, deep blue like the vivid colour of his hair under the sun. Like tattoos etched on his skin, long triangular marks pointed sharply.

      'What are those?'

      But Mira held the question back and out it on the list in her head. She did not look for long and quickly averted her eyes from the sight of a half naked man.

       And his thoughts were quite different with a sadness lingering in his eyes, almost turning into pity.

      'She doesn't remember even basic knowledge. She must be so scared.'

       There was a pinch in his heart but Azul knew that it was nothing more than pity for the female he found floating in the middle of the sea out of nowhere.

       "Well, tribes are for example our southern merfolk tribe. Basically, a group or stronghold of beastmen, typically of the same species."

      'Beastmen?'

       "Oh, I see." Still, Azul noticed how forced her answer was. Her long, pin straight black hair had long dried and cascaded down covering her face like falling raindrops.

       "It's okay. You can me anything and I'll tell you everything I know."

       Mirabella felt a sense of ease, her heart, mind and soul was in turmoil but Azul's calm temperament was the ray of sunshine in all the suffocating darkness.

      He was patient and gentle.

      "How do I know you're telling me the truth?"

       Azul was startled. His eyes growing wide as he wore an expression slightly taken aback but he was quickly able to get himself together.

      'Of course. It's only reasonable that she wouldn't trust me so easily. If I were her, I would be the same.'

       "I truly don't remember anything. Including basic facts that frankly anyone should know. The only thing I do know, is my name and nothing else.

     So, if you're lying to me and manipulating me. How would I know?"

       Her eyes were clear and quite sharp but they weren't hostile. Azul could tell that much as her crystal clear green eyes looked at him intently.

      'I didn't know females could have such a look. Furthermore, she's incredibly beautiful even with such a serious expression.'

      "You don't have a choice. But whether you believe me or not, is up to you." He paused and moved back, facing her. The sound of water sliding against the bubble covering the mouth of the cave was the only sound that could be heard.

      "Mirabella, I wouldn't lie to you because I want to be your mate."

       'Bitch, what?'

      He said it with such a straight face that for a moment she thought he was messing with her. To an extent she could understand what the concept of mate was in the animal kingdom.