Chapter 6: Blue

The surface of the ocean was covered with drops of falling rain and dark, dark clouds that night. The roaring sea and drowning tides. It didn't matter, under the sea inside a bubble she was safe.

      The waters undisturbed.

      'But how long will I stay safe for?'

      Mira could no longer convince herself that she was dreaming. Every night she could feel the coldness of the cave. Touch the smooth, foam line texture of her stone and sea weed made bed.

      She felt hunger and fatigue.

      That very next morning, she awoke earlier than usual. As Azul entered her bubble of safety, he called out to let her know he had come.

      Small curious fish swam past the bubble. Unseen from Mira's eyes, hiding in the dark depths of the ocean were lurking eyes stalking her.

      They anticipated the times thy could catch a glimpse of her. They could only see her twice a day, in a bubble carried by Azul to the shore and back again when he brought her back.

      Azul held a soft cloth in hand as he draped it around himself. When he first met her, her adverse reactions to his nudity left a mark on his memory.

      "Good morning." Mira didn't smile as often as she had back in her world but she still made an effort to give Azul a smile. After all, he was her sole companion.

      At the very least she knew that her well being was something he cared about greatly. She knew and she was willing to take advantage of it. Mirabella Louise was selfish like that.

       "Yes... Good morning too, Mirabella." At first Azul was confused about the greeting.

      "Mirabella, I'm here." He called out the first day she had arrived and found her sitting up, wiping her eyes. She looked up and smiled politely saying, "Good morning."

      "What's good in the morning?"

      He immediately replied, thinking deeply about what she told him the first thing she woke up. 'Well, it is a good morning because I got to see her but... It's quite odd.'

      When her expression scrunched up, brows furrowed and she looked a bit insulted Azul realised he must have said or did something wrong.

      At the same time it dawned on Mirabella that the concept of greetings may not have existed in the world she came to.

      "It's nothing. Never mind I said anything."

      As days went by, Azul got used to morning greetings and even greeted her back. He had asked her why she greeted him 'good morning' in the first place. From then on, it became a habit he got used to.

      'Of course the only creature to receive good mornings from me would be Mirabella.'

      "You're awake earlier than usual." Azul pointed out as he walked closer. Her straight black hair cascaded down her shoulders and had grown two or three breadths of a finger.

       She had pale white skin, like the pure white sand of their beach. He was glad that atleast she looked healthier more than sickly pale.

       "Yes, about that. Azul, can I ask you something?"

      She met his sea green eyes. For a moment, Azul held his breath as he looked back to clear and glowing emerald like eyes. The way her eyes reflected a sharpness in them was captivating.