9

Chapter 9- Mood change

Amala

We were at lunch sitting at a table. Tamia hasn't been talking much which is unusual.

"Girl, are you ok" I asked.

She looked up from her plate and looked at me.

"Yeah" She said as she looked around.

She paused and stared at whatever was behind me. I looked behind me to see Stokeley and Jahseh coming over.

"I swear if they did anything to you I'm going to jail" I said looking back at her.

Tamia quickly shook her head. Something must have happened, Tamia is always down to get into trouble.

"Hello ladies" Stokeley said sitting beside Tamia.

I watched as her body got stiffed.

"Hey" I said dryly.

I felt the table move a little when Jahseh sat beside me.

"Big ass, moving the damn table" I said with a chuckle.

He didn't laugh, only stared at me.

After some time no one was talking.

"Aight, what's going on. Why ain't nobody talking" I asked.

"Just don't feel like it" Stoke said. This was new he never stopped talking.

"If I find out one of y'all did some shit to Tamia I swear to" I said before getting cut off.

"You ain't gonna do shit, stop talking like you gonna do sum" Jahseh said.

I was tired of him and his big ass mouth. I did something that no person in their right mind would do. He touched his face which was where I slapped him at. People were staring at us, a few recording. I quickly got up and dragged Tamia with me. Her eyes were wide as she looked Jahseh who was now standing up.

Jahseh

I felt a sting on my cheek. I realized that Amala just slapped me. I quickly got up, about to grabbed her before getting pulled back.

"Not the right thing to do. We don't hit women" Stokeley said.

I looked around and seen everyone staring at me. Great now they think I'm a woman beater. I got out of Stoke's grip and walked out the cafeteria. I heard whispers coming from the students.

I don't even know why I thought about protecting her, she clearly doesn't need it.

"Jahseh, baby you ok" I heard a voice say.

"Yeah it's just this girl causing a lot of shit" I told Taylor.

Taylor was different from a lot of girls. She wasn't a hoe, well I think. She has respect for herself and actually likes me. I treat her so bad but yet she's still here.

"Y'all both are" She said lowly.

"Oh so you not on my side either" I said.

"I never said that. Damn Jah no one's against you, is that what you want" She asked.

It took a moment for me to process what the fuck she said.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I said not comprehending.

Taylor sighed and chuckled.

"You've grown to know that no one will be there for you. It's to the point where you think everyone is your enemy. Let your guard down just a little" She said.

Taylor began walking away.

"Thanks" I said.

"Your welcome, now go apologize" She said walking until I couldn't see her again.

I ain't apologizing. I would rather die.

Amala

We were in the restroom and Tamia was having a mental break down.

"What is wrong with you. Oh my God Stoke is going to kill me" She said through tears.

"Blame Jah. He's the one who always got something smart to say" I said with my arms crossed.

"And? Plenty of people said some shit to you but you never reacted like that. Why now? Unless" Tamia started to say.

"You like him" She said while wiping her tears away.

"No I don't. I just can't take the disrespect" I said while rolling my eyes.

She had this crazy smile which scared me a little.

"I knew it. You're so mean to him cause you done caught feelings" She said.

"Whatever" I said because I knew she wasn't going to listen to what I say.

When we walked out the restroom the hallway was filled with students.

"I'll see you after school" I told Tamia.

"Ok tell your man I said hi" She said loudly which made heads turn.

I quickly walked away and went to my last class of the day.

A/n

Well that was something. I have no idea what I'm doing with this book kinda just going with the flow.