15

Chapter 15- One day I'll be dead

Stokeley

October 30th

Everyone is on edge today. Tamia and Amala were on the couch talking. Jahseh and I were in his room. I know that he's going through a lot but he just won't tell anyone what's on his mind.

"Taylor came by one night. Malachi told her what I did to him" Jah said while looking up at the ceiling.

I put my phone down and looked at him. Malachi is Taylor's twin brother.

"Does she know what he did to Amala" I asked.

"No. Taylor doesn't fuck with me no more and threatened to report it to the police"

"It's our word against theres. But you have bigger problems" I said.

"I know I'm just stressed out"

"I don't care what happens to us we've been on this Earth too damn long. We need to keep them alive" I said.

"I have an idea"

Jahseh got up and went into the living room.

"Is there anyone in your family that does voodoo or some shit" He asked the two girls.

They paused and looked at each other.

"I think your man is high off of life" Tamia attempted to whisper.

"I'm fucking serious" Jah gritted through his teeth.

"Your not talking to me-" Tamia said before getting cut off.

"Stop it both of y'all" Amala said.

What the fuck was Tamia doing? Does she want to end up dead?

I would've handled her now but she's the least of my worries at the moment.

"My dad use to tell me his family was into that shit. He did it a couple of times but stop when I was born" Amala answered Jahseh's question.

Everything is starting to make sense or maybe I'm just losing my mind.

"What was your dads name" I butted in.

"Frank"

I snickered and all eyes were on me

"My bad" I said.

"We need you to look into your dad's life" Jah said.

"What? How" Amala asked.

"It's like shifting to a different reality but it actually happened. All you have to do is close your eyes, think about the person you want to see and you'll see highlights of their life" Jah said.

We all watched as she closed her eyes. Jahseh began whispering something under his breath, maybe a spell to help Amala.

Amala

I opened my eyes to see I was no longer in the living room.

I was in my father's old office. There he was sitting at his desk while on the phone.

'"Who is this" He said into the phone.

"Listen I don't do that stuff anymore. Don't call this number again" He said frustrated.

"I don't know who you are but stay away from me and my family" My dad finally said before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that" My mother said while standing at the door entrance.

"Uh don't worry it's no one important" He said with a slight smile.

"Oh well I need to run to the store for a few things. Amala is in her crib watch her for me" She said giving him a kiss on the cheek before leaving.