6

Chapter 6- Lies

Amala

When I made it home, I immediately went to the living room to find my mom sitting on the couch. As I got closer to her, I could see dried tears on her face.

"Hey ma, you ok" I asked. She snaped her head towards to me.

"Oh, I'm fine baby, do you need anything"

"Uh yeah Tamia is coming over for a project we have to do" I said.

"Well ok I'm going to do a night shift today and no boys, ok?" She said standing up going to her room.

"Yes ma'am" I said with a small smile.

I ran upstairs to my room and called Tamia.

"Hey girl" I heard Tamia say on the other line.

"Hey, so I need you to come over because Jahseh is coming over for a project and I don't want to be by myself" I said into the phone. There was a moment of silence.

"I'm so sorry but I can't go today. I gotta take care of some shit bye" Even though I couldn't see her I knew she was smirking. Before I can say anything the call disconnected. I huffed and put my phone down.

"Alright baby I'm gonna leave now. I love you" Ma said stepping into my room.

"Ok love you too" I told her. She left and I could hear the front door open and close.

I looked into the window and watched as my ma got in the car and pulled out the drive way. As I turned around to go back to my bed I heard the doorbell ring. Weird because I was just at the window and the only person I seen was my mom. I went downstairs and opened the door to see it was only Jahseh.

"I was scared for a minute, thought it was someone else" I said. He tilted his head.

"So you open the door without knowing who it is. You're fucking stupid" He said. Jahseh walked in leaving me dumbfounded.

He then turned back around and looked at me.

"Where we doing the project at" He asked. I pointed upstairs and began walking without saying anything.

When we made it to my room he sat on my bed and looked around.

"Whoever painted your walls need to be sued" He said.

"My dad and I painted it together before he went missing" I said glaring at Jahseh.

It went quiet after that.

"You said he went missing" He asked after a moment. He looked intrigued by it.

"Yeah he left my mom for someone else and never came back. Why do you even care" I asked.

"If he cheated on your mom why does she cry over him then, do you ever wonder what actually happened" He argued while standing up.

"I don't fucking know how about you ask her yourself, and how do you know she even cries over that man" I spit back.

"Im just saying" He said and sat back down.

Jahseh has a smart ass mouth and he's so close into getting kicked out of my house. Him asking me these questions made me angry because I'm not able to give him answer.

"Do you know a Irene" Jahseh asked.

"Stop asking me stupid questions-" I cut myself off.

"You said Irene" I repeated. I went to my dresser and pulled out the note that was in my father's old office.

Jahseh quickly snatched it out my hand and examined it.

"What the fuck is wrong with you. Didn't your mom teach you any manners" I asked.

"She's dead" He said still looking at the note.

"That explains a lot" I muttered.

"Fuck you" I heard him say.

"Where did you find this" He said referring to the note.

"In my dad's office" I said.

He got up and walked out my room and I followed him. He walked straight to the office and walked in. As I entered the room Jahseh started to go through the pile of papers that was stacked on the desk.

"You shouldn't be going through his stuff" I said. I went up to Jahseh and slightly pushed him away from the papers.

I started to fix everything until it looked like it did before.

"I need your help" He asked.

"Nope" I said not looking at him.

"Im serious" He said.

"I am too. Why should I help you, you always have an attitude and you disrespected my dad. There's no way in hell I'll help you" I said.

"You disrespected my mom" Jahseh said getting closer to me. He had another attitude, great.

"Don't be a bitch and it wouldn't happen" I said. Deep down inside I regret saying that but at the moment I'll do whatever to make him feel hurt.

He balled his fist up and a frown crossed his face.

"Say that shit again and I'll fucking hurt you" He said.

"Don't. Be. A. Bitch"

Why did I say it again? I don't know I just did.

Jahseh pushed me against the wall and pinned my arms over my head. I felt his hot breath against my face.

"Get off me I'm not one of your little hoes" I said while trying to get out of his grip.

"You're no fun" He whispered in my ear. He then let go and I fell onto the floor. Let's just say my legs gave up on me.

"You like that shit huh, you little freak" He said with a smirk.

"Shut the fuck up and get out my got damn house" I said.

"As you wish" He said and walked out the office.

When he left I spotted an envelope on the ground. It had cursive writing on it that had the name Irene on it. I picked it up and quickly went after Jahseh but he was already gone. I ran outside to see if he was there but he wasn't. There's no way in hell he can move that fast.

A\N

um well this chapter is boring. Anyways comment and tell me what yall think is going to happen.