Democracy & Dictatorship

Mexico, China, North Korea, Russia... others...

"Yes we are openly corrupt and we kill anyone who annoys us because we have Power."

U.K. & US

"No we are not corrupt and we do not kill people who annoy us because we have Democracy."

"What about all the proof you're corrupt and hypocritical?"

"Conspiracy to defame."

"What about all those people you killed in non-democratic countries who were unable to defend themselves?"

"Terrorists."

"Do you see why corruption is necessary in non-democratic countries so they are able to defend themselves from Democracy?"

"Democracy is superior."

"Why?"

"Human Rights."

"The countries abused by democracy do not see it that way."

"We have been able to debate this. In non-democratic countries you would be killed for asking these questions."

"Do you see why corruption is necessary in democratic countries so they are able to defend themselves from becoming dictatorships?"

"We do not have corruption in democratic countries."

"There is all the proof of it."

"To be discredited, whitewashed and brushed under the carpet while a more pressing distraction gains precedence to divert us from it."

"So the difference between dictatorship and democracy is in a dictatorship, voices of dissent are killed, while in a democracy voices of dissent are ignored."

"Yes."

"What is the point of having freedom of speech in a democracy when it is ignored if it goes against the stability of democracy?"

"It's an illusion."

"So essentially the difference between democracy and dictatorship is the difference between letting people
Get away with lying about the corruption or simply killing them and admitting there is corruption everywhere."

"What is of more value? Human life at the cost of lies or honest corruption and death."

"That's what the Devil asked Christ."

"It's that simple. It's why we use the symbolism of that story."

"Which would you choose? An honest death or a dishonest life?"

"You could simply keep your head down and your mouth shut."

"It would make no difference whether we had democracy or dictatorship to live that way."

"There are critical differences."

"It's a fools paradigm. It's possible to live an honest life."

"Where? In democracy or in dictatorship?"

"Both."

"Obviously 99.9% of people are going to choose Life over Death even at the cost of accepting corruption."

"How can we improve things?"

"Give people, society, space to gestate and ferment until someone comes up with a better answer which inevitably will happen eventually."

"To do that requires affluence, lives of restricted amount of struggle but just enough struggle to motivate and avoid apathy."

"In democracy we have lives of distraction and delusion."

"In dictatorship we have lives of realism and oppression."

"It's not much of a choice really."

"Which is best able to sustain affluence?"

"Comparatively there is little difference."

"It comes down to realism vs delusion as much as it comes down to perceived freedom vs oppression."

"Ideally we want freedom and realism. The best of both."

"That's something to think about."

"Is it easier to attain that starting from democracy or starting from dictatorship?"

"It's relative. It's subjective."

Phone alarm rings. "I have to go."

"Do you believe we resolved anything here today?"

"We talked in peace. This is successful living."