Chapter 37- Maturing

October 13th, 2015:

It was late at night and most of the members had left for their dorm after having celebrated Jimin's birthday. I had insisted that Jimin leave the mess for me to clean up since it was his birthday, but he refused to listen and stayed to help me clean up the food and poppers we had used to surprise him.

"You really didn't have to stay," I say feeling bad, "I could've cleaned this up by myself".

"No, it's fine Y/N," Jimin continues to shrug off my pleas, "how could I leave you to do it by yourself?"

I smile and pick up the last few plates and chopsticks and pile them onto the food containers.

"I noticed you looking at Seulgi at the Asia Song Festival," I say, trying to make it "in passing", as I put the containers in the garbage.

I turn around and see a blushing Jimin sweeping up the remaining streamers.

"So, there is something going on," I smirk.

"No..." he defends himself as he turns so I couldn't see his face.

"Is this a one-sided thing or have you guys already... you know... talked about it?" I push, my grin getting wider at the thought of Jimin finally having a partner.

"There's nothing going on Y/N," he says, putting the streamers in the trash.

"Oh, come one Oppa," I pout sitting down, "I told you guys about Jongin-hyung and Timothée almost right away..."

I see his shoulders fall slightly as he sighs.

"Fine," he gives in, coming to sit down next to me, "I've always found Seulgi attractive, and the more time I spend with her the more I feel myself falling for her... she's witty, talented, chill..."

I could see he truly did like her; I'd rarely seen that look on his face and I could tell it was genuine affection.

"But I'm assuming you haven't told her this?" I question.

"No... no, I haven't," he says looking away sadly, "I don't think I have the courage to".

I try to think of advice to give him, but now that I thought about it, I had never been in this position. It was always the men mustering the courage to ask me out.

"Maybe the more times we meet, especially with award season coming up, you can hang out more and become better friends... and then ask... if the friendship goes well?" I suggest.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking too," he nods, "I don't want to scare her away... I asked Jongin-hyung how he asked you out and he was so smooth about it".

I could see him eyeing me playfully.

"Hahaha, he was," I laugh, "it was also a weird situation with me in LA and him in Korea. We didn't really interact with each other for like the first month of texting".