Chapter 2: Agatha Goes on a Date

Peter Parker

I was so confused. Wanda died? Since when? And what incident was Mr. Strange talking about?

Swinging in front of him, I inspected all the beautiful scenery around the forest. It reminded me of MJ and the landscapes she used to paint. My eyes filled with tears.

I shrugged it off. Now was not the time to cry. I kept swinging until I landed where I had seen Wanda only a few minutes back.

"We're here," I said, gesturing to the cabin and the surrounding forest.

Dr. Strange looked around. "Are you sure we're in the right place?" he asked. "Did you just see a few campers or something and you were hallucinating?"

He was about to leave, I realized. Of course he doesn't believe me.

"That lady used her magic on me to lift me off the ground!" I exclaimed, trying to prove my case.

Suddenly, they were both in the air, red magic surrounding them.

"Peter, you fool," Wanda said, waving her hands in the air. "I thought you were smarter than that. Now your little MJ will never ever know about you ever again." She turned her head to Strange. "Oh, what's up Stephen!"

"Don't call me that," Dr. Strange snapped back.

I looked down at the ground, depressed out of my mind. Wanda was my only hope of returning to my old life, and I'd just thrown it away.

The last few months of my life have been the darkest I've ever experienced. MJ was my anchor, the reason I fought. I almost stopped becoming Spider-Man, but I knew that was not what she would've wanted.

I knew I broke her promise, and that was what hurt me the most. She can't get hurt by me, and everyone knowing who I am was putting her in danger.

I was torn.

"Wanda, you're not like this. You're better than this. You had a whole emotional arch," Mr. Strange exclaimed.

"Oh calm down Stephan, I left that behind," Wanda responded calmly. "I am out of the Darkhold's corruption." In the last sentence, she sounded more serious.

"Last time you said the same thing, and then tried to kill a kid to get your own children," Strange said.

"I'm sorry Stephan, about that," Wanda said.

Strange sighed. "Don't call me Stephan. That's your final warning. But, no. Actually, the apology is not accepted. I won't just believe your words. Show me you're actually good now."

"That's understandable. Some ‌things I did were very cruel. How am I supposed to do that?" Wanda asked, bored.

"Put us down?" I suggested in a questioning tone.

"Uh, fine." Wanda lowered us down slowly until our feet hit the ground.

"Hey, where's that other lady? Agatha was it?" I asked.

Wanda narrowed her eyes, her glare scary. "It's none of your business."

"It is if we want to trust you," Strange said.

Wanda smiled. "She's out on a date or something. I think it's with one of your friends, but I could be wrong."

"Who!" Strange exclaimed.

"What was his name again? Gong, Long, Pong, I don't remember. Oh! I remember. It's Wong!"

"What? Wong? As in my Sorcerer Supreme?"