Chapter 7: The First Sighting

Wanda Maximoff

I was still in the Meadow of Ploria when America returned. I knew she would be back. My instincts were never off. My eyes were closed, and I was meditating quietly on the ground.

"I knew you would be back," I said, as she walked into the Meadow.

"Of course you did," America muttered, sitting down on the same log as she did before. "You know literally everything."

"Yes dear. But what I don't know is why you're back."

America sighed. "Peter is a stupid idiot, Stephen won't let me be free, Wong keeps too many secrets from me ‌I should know, and Agatha is just so annoying!"

I chuckled, beckoning her to sit next to me. She followed, walking slowly and nervously.

"America, the world won't always be fair to you. I lost my brother, my parents, Vision, and I got these powers that I never wanted. But you have to accept what life gives you. And sometimes you go on the wrong path and you need to find your way back."

She sat in reflection for a few seconds, taking in my words of wisdom.

"Okay, but why me? Why did I get a hard life and so many other people got an easier one?"

"I honestly have asked that question so many times, but I don't know the answer. But what I ‌know is that you are a very strong young lady, America," I said, trying to prove my point.

I didn't know if she was buying it. She was staring out into the distance, eyes narrow, thinking.

"Thank you, Wanda," America said.

I was appalled. "For what?"

"Just, thank you." She got up and left the meadow without looking back at me.

I was slightly confused, but I nodded with understanding. I sat down on the ground and reflected on what had just happened. I was relaxing peacefully until I heard a blood curdling scream, knowing it as America's

America Chavez

I walked out of that weird meadow, and the setting sky was waiting outside. Darkness scared me, but I wasn't going to back out now. I needed to get home.

I was about to open up a portal, but suddenly a demon-like figure grabbed me, pulling me away. Screaming, I tried to get free, but its grip was too strong. Then I saw another figure lighting their hands with red magic, ready to attack the creature, hopefully. I really hope this is not a trap, and she just tricked me or something. But I saw her aiming at the creature, and I knew I was going to be okay.

She aimed at the arm I was in and hit the arm with magic, loosening the grip so I could escape.

"Go America!"

"No! I am going to try to help."

She kept hitting the creature and missing some. She was doing it fast and I barely did anything. When she hit it, she seemed to be getting stronger, like she was absorbing its power, making it weaker and weaker until finally (In five minutes) she beat it, leaving it powerless on the ground. Wanda hit it one more time for some reason.

"Are you okay, dear?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, are you?"

"I'm fine, but he's starting to come in."

"Who?"

"Chthon."

"Where should we go?"

"New York, there's another one running loose and Strange can't defeat that one without my help."