Chapter 6: The Meadow

America Chavez

I was in Peter's bathroom thinking about what I was going to do next. I wanted to talk to Wanda so badly and actually see if she wasn't bad, but I also want to just stay away. I decided I wanted to talk, so I thought about how I was going to get there and I thought that with my powers, I could open a portal near the cabin. So that's what I did.

I opened a star portal to the forestry area near the cabin. I saw the door open. Wanda emerged from the cabin heading for some sort of forest-y trail. I decided to follow her. That was probably a dumb idea, but whatever. I wanted to find out where she was going. I followed her for what seemed like 30 minutes. I still don't know how she hasn't seen me or heard me. But whatever, I wanted to stop, but something was pulling me forward. We finally reached a beautiful meadow that I have never seen before.

"Beautiful isn't it," I heard Wanda say.

I looked around, confused. Who was she talking to? Was she talking to me?

"I know you're there, America. I have known since I started walking," she said, sounding wise.

"So did you just lure me here? Is this a trap?" I asked, ready to fight.

"No it is not a trap, I can promise you that," she said.

"So what is this place then?" I asked, looking at the surroundings.

"It's the Meadow of Ploria."

"Never heard of it," I muttered.

"A lot of people haven't. It's very unknown to people, it's a magical place I found only a while back."

"How is it magical?"

"You can only find it if you want to and for those who most need it."

"So why did it allow me to come?"

"Maybe a subconscious thought, maybe it's because you were following me, or maybe that's why you didn't stop following me and it called out to you." 

"Why though?" I asked.

"Maybe you just needed a calming place where no one will find you."

That is what I need, I thought. "Hey Wanda?"

"What?"

"What was it like being an Avenger?"

"Why don't you ask Peter?" Wanda said back.

I frowned. "You know why."

"Well then, fine. It was awesome. We were all a family, and we all worked together, but it was also really heartbreaking. I had to watch people that I had amazing relationships with die, even through all the fighting. Vision, my brother, Tony, though I never got along well with him, it was still sad." Her eyes filled with tears.

I could tell she was lying about some parts. I had an inkling about it.

"You're not telling me something." I said, "What is it?"

"I haven't ever lied to you, dear."

Anger boiled inside me. "Then why are you still playing games with me? You tried to kill me, and now you're trying to be some kind of savior? What is wrong with you, psycho?"

"One I am not trying to be a savior, I know I tried to kill you and that is not okay, but Chth... The Darkhold was corrupting me. And yes the Avengers thing wasn't always that fun, there's fights and people did not trust me because I was working with Ultron. But they were like family to me after I lost my brother."

"Wait what were you about to say?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" she asked slightly confused

"Before you said Darkhold."