Chapter 5: Memories

America Chavez

Peter finally convinced me to go back to Wanda's dumb cabin. I knew it was going to be a bad idea, but I went with it, not wanting to leave this lunatic alone. I trusted him to protect me. And I didn't trust that many people. But I could protect myself just as well as any stupid man. 

He was wearing his suit, the mask on his head. We swung over, and I was shaking. Just a little.

Wanda scared me. I hated to admit it, but she did. Like a lot. When we finally reached the stupid cabin, Wanda was not anywhere outside. We knocked on the door.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

The sounds were loud in the quiet forest.

Wong and Agatha opened the door, very confused.

"Hey America! What's up!"

"YOU ASSHOLE."

Wong looked appalled. "I'm sorry, what exactly did I do?"

I was about to explode. "First, you started dating this lady, and she's like best friends with the woman who tried to kill me! Then, you let me run away, and then I passed out in the forest because of it. And finally, you don't tell me anything about Wanda, and make me figure it all out on my own!"

Peter audibly gasped behind me.

"America, I'm sorry, I-"

"No, don't talk to me. I need to see Wanda."

"First you want to get away from her, and now you're visiting her house?" Agatha said

Peter spoke up for me. "She said something about showing us something, and we came to find out what it was."

Agatha's eyes widened. "Follow me."

We went through the cabin, then Agatha brought us into a room. Wanda was doing some sort of mediation when we saw her.

"I knew you guys would be back," she said without even opening her eyes. "I assume it's to learn about my memories and dive into my past?"

I sighed. "How did you know?"

"It was only a matter of time."

"Wait, what memories?" Peter asked stupidly.

"To learn what I really went through, I'll need to take you into the darkest parts of my past. Basically, my whole life." She looked down.

Neither I nor Peter said anything.

"This is your chance to back away now," she said, and she started waving her hands, plucking out a piece of her hair as she did so. She encased it in a red glow and pointed it toward the door. It changed to a darker feel, and it glowed, filling the dim room with light.

She gestured for us to walk through it. We decided to see how bad her past could really be. I saw her take a deep breath before walking in.

Suddenly, we were in some old apartment with stone and brick walls. There were two older people, and two younger kids rushing in, then locking the doors.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Those are my parents, my brother and me," she stated, preparing for something bad.

Wanda's parents and them are having a movie night and it's young Wanda's turn to pick. She is obsessed with sitcoms. Disaster strikes when a bomb destroys their apartment building fell down and only Wanda and Pietro survived and left on their own at age 10. Wanda stopped the Stark missile from exploding with very weak magic, letting them survive.