Chapter 8: What Happened to Friendship?

Wong

I was very confused. I didn't know where I stood with Stephen, or Spider-Man, or even Agatha anymore. She was so distant, and I tried to reach out to her about it, but she would always avoid my questions.

"Agatha, dear, how are you this fine morning?" I asked through the phone. It was our thing to call each other at 10am each day.

"Fine," she said, not giving much detail. "What about you?"

"I'm good." I didn't know what else to do. Why are women so confusing? My job is so difficult.

"What do you think happened yesterday, with Wanda and Strange?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"I don't know, I mean, they've never really seen eye to eye on anything."

"But they would be perfect together, just like us!" I said excitedly, smiling widely.

Agatha said nothing, and the phone crackled on the other line.

"What is it? You don't seem like yourself," I said, worried.

"It's really nothing, Wong, you don't have to worry about me."

"But that's my job, honey."

"It's nothing, there's nothing wrong, but I've got to go," she said sadly.

"Are you sure everything is okay?" I asked, extremely concerned about what was happening.

She just hung up, and left me in silence.

I frowned. Agatha was the love of my life, and I felt like I was letting her down. But I let it go, knowing that she needed her alone time to figure things out.

Agatha Harkness

I hung up from the call, exhausted from the conversation. I needed a break from Wong, he was way too clingy. But I was in love with him, so I kind of had to deal with it. But there was another reason why I had to end our morning call.

"Agatha, are you ready to get started?" Wanda called from the other room.

I got up, taking a deep breath. "Yes, just give me a minute."

I started getting ready for the day, quickly brushing my hair and putting on some makeup. Then, I put on some nice clothes, and went out of the room, and over to the office, where Wanda was waiting for me.

"You look nice today," she told me.

"Thank you, you do too," I said, faking a smile.

"Are you ready to get started?" She pulled out a book labeled: "Dark Magic for Evil People."

She smiled, dropping the heavy book on the desk. "Let's get reading! Look for anything with Chthon on it!"

I sighed quietly. This wasn't really how I wanted to spend the morning, but it was necessary for the survival of the multiverse, and for Wanda to not destroy it.

After about an hour, we stopped. We had found a few things and left it at that until we heard a knock on our door. I peaked out the window to see Wong.

"Tell him I'm not home!" I whisper-shouted to Wanda as she went to open the door.

She rolled her eyes at me, then smiled. Then she opened the door, her face immediately changing. "Oh, hello there Wong! Oh, what beautiful flowers you have there. Are they for me?"

"No, Wanda. They're for Agatha. Is she here?"

"Oh, for Agatha. Yeah, she's not here. I don't know, she's out at a bar or something."