Chapter 3: Heartache

Wanda Maximoff

"That poor kid," Wong said, and it tugged at my heartstrings.

After I had tried to kill America, it was very hard to forgive myself. She's gone through a lot, and I just added to that burden on her. I wanted to go after her, but I knew ‌he needed time to process everything.

"Please don't tell Stephen that I'm going out with Agatha," Wong said suddenly.

"Uh, sure, I guess," I replied, tilting my head in confusion.

"He'll murder me or something..." He drifted off.

"If he tries, you can contact me," Wanda said, shrugging her shoulders.

Wong narrowed his eyes. "Ok then."

"Wanda, are you flirting with my man?" Agatha said. I had almost forgotten she was there. She was being so quiet.

"No, I am not just trying to restore myself," I said.

"That's just sad," Wong blurted out.

I watched Agatha smile at Wong, and he smiled back. I felt sad because I had lost the love of my life, but I also was happy for them. Agatha deserves someone that loves her. I still wish I had Vis. He loved me for who I was and didn't see me as a monster like most of the Avengers did.

He was the only one who would ever love me.

Peter Parker

Sitting in my apartment, I looked out the window. MJ was out there, somewhere. She would never think about me again. Maybe I could still convince Wanda to restore her and Ned's memories. Was she just playing with my feelings? It worked pretty well, if she was.

When it was time to go on patrol, I wasn't feeling too good about it. It didn't bring me much joy anymore, but I held for MJ.

I slipped on my suit and jumped out the window. I swung around for a bit, talking to people and telling them directions. You know, the friendly neighbourhood stuff. After a while, I got bored, so I ventured off to that cabin that Wanda was at. I thought it was a good idea to check up on her.

The trees wobbled as I swung on them, but I paid little attention to them. Suddenly, something caught my eye.

A body.

As fast as I could, I landed on the ground next to it.

It was a girl, a little younger than me, maybe by 2 or 3 years, lying on the ground.

I checked her pulse, and luckily, she was still breathing. I let out a sigh of relief. She had probably just passed out.

I picked her up and swung back to my apartment. I didn't know where else to go. When I finally reached my cheap apartment, I laid her on the couch. I realized she probably would be exhausted and hungry when she woke up. I made some grilled cheese sandwiches, and while they were cooking, I found some blankets in the closet and put them over her.

"Where am I?" the girl mumbled as she woke up. When she saw me, she jumped up, her hands curling into fists. "And who are you? Why are you wearing pajamas?"

Crap, I forgot I was still in my suit, with my mask off. Maybe I just had to trust this girl. I rolled my eyes. "Dude, I'm Spider-Man! You passed out in the woods, and I found you, so I took you back here."

"Why didn't you take me to the hospital or something?" she asked.

"Oh, I didn't think about that."

Now I look like a stalker or something.