23

The last seeds of Juniper slip through my fingers and drift away with the wind. At least I know my brother has someone he loves with him. I pick Riptide back up and cap it, I continue walking down the street. The screams of the undead army and demigod army echo of the sky scrapers as they fight.

"Percy, stop!" a voice commands. I turn to see who it was.

"Ooh Clarisse, how are you... still a chicken?" I start to cluck and flap my arms. She presses her spear tip against my chest.

"I will kill you, Jackson!" she says through gritted teeth.

"What's new... do you have any other lines?" I shrug. "I already have one of you...I don't need a spare." I smile and spin my body off the tip of the spear and down the shaft, I elbow her right in the chest with a sickening crack.

"Wait...Please..." she groans. I grab the back of her neck and pull her close to whisper in her ear.

"The only time you had a chance to beat me, was when I didn't know I was a demigod." I pat her head. "Don't worry...ill send your husband to meet you." I twist her head and just like the cereal, her neck snapped, crackled, and popped.

Her body slumps to the ground face first...or would have been if the still faced the same direction.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" a voice yells behind me.

"Oh, there is the misses" I turn to a spear being shoved at my chest, I deflect it down and it impales into Clarisse's body. "Dude...I think she's dead."

I slip my foot under Clarisse's spear and lift it in the air. I catch the spear and shove it through Chris's chest. He collapses next to his wife's body. He rubs her cheek, accidentally smearing some of his blood on her.

"I'm coming...baby..." Chris goes limp and dies right next to his wife.