·34·

"One Last Look Around"

"Yes! That's a great idea," Ines exclaimed, "I'll go get it!" She added in a sing-song voice, rushing towards the door.

"Please have mercy," Estella chuckled nervously, sitting on a bed as the two finished brainstorming their fashionable ideas together, one of them leaving the room.

"You could always say "no", you know," Isabela smiled, placing a hand on her hip as she looked at Estella with a smile.

"I know," She admitted, looking down, feeling embarrassed that her literal idol is staring and trying to pep talk her at the same time.

"You're a free girl, you literally just snuck out of the Encanto without ushering a word and worried a lot of people," Isabela tells her, walking close and placing a hand on Estella's shoulder, making her feel guilty.

"But," Isabela added, "I'm glad to see you doing what you want to do for once." The girl looked at Isabela, blushing a bit from the words she had just heard her say. "And if you can leave the mountains undetected, you don't need to be afraid of disagreeing and disappointing a few people."

Estella covered her face, a few laughs escaping her mouth. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She said in muffled words, peeking through her fingers as she blushed and smiled, "Gosh, I know you're just trying to motivate me. I don't know why I laughing."

Isabela chuckled softly at the girl, tilting her head to the right as she watched her slowly have a mini-breakdown that consists of giggles, muffled words, and apologies.

Isabela used to be secretly a bit jealous of Estella when they were younger. Because unlike her, Estella was literally a free girl who can do what she wanted most of the time without having to meet the certain expectations of literally everyone in town.

It didn't take long until Isabela accepted the fact that she might not be able to actually be herself in that town, giving up on the thought of being accepted for who she really wanted to be. Hence, the strict and irritating reactions she tends to give her family (mostly just with Camilo and Mirabel) since she mostly has to stay calm, and composed most of the time.

But now, she can be who she finally wants to be, thanks to her sister, Mirabel.

The door bursts open, Ines coming in with Mirabel who now has a yellow, gold-like hairpin on her hair, with the matching green scarf of her dress tied to her neck.

"Ta-da!" Ines smiled, showcasing Mirabel who jokingly strikes a pose, the girls laughing as they hang out upstairs, leaving the two teens watching some more telenovela.

"...because I'm already dead!"

"What?" The two said in unison, getting surprised by the sudden plot twist.

"Well," Estella let out, looking at herself, "At least they're just pants," she exhaled, her hands dropping to the side, feeling relieved that she didn't get to wear anything too fabulous looking.

"Let's do your hair," Isabela said, urging for her to come close. Hesitantly, Estella waved her hands and said "It's okay, I think I can do my own hair."

"Nice try, come here," The Madrigal smirked, wagging her finger, gesturing for her to come and do as she said which Estella did do.

"There is no escape," Mirabel whispered dramatically as her friend sat down and let Isabela style her hair again, hoping it wouldn't be as tight as the last one.

"I'd like to keep my scalp please," Estella joked, making them laugh which made her smile.

Putting her hands together with shining eyes, Ines suggested that they take pictures. Something which everyone seemed to have agreed with.