(Part 19)

*Timeskip 1 Year*

I was standing in the kitchen making breakfast with Atlas next to me in his high chair, when Nick walked in. Atlas immediately stared squealing. He absolutely loves Nick.

"Hey little man!" He said, picking Atlas up. "Ick!" Squealed Atlas. I giggled at the name. Atlas was just learning to talk, so he struggled with some words and names, Nick being one of them.

"You eaten yet today?" Nick asked Atlas. "Hungy!" He yelled. "I'll take that as a
no-" Nick said, laughing. "Mind if I feed him?" He asked. "Not at all!" I said, smiling. Nick got Atlas a bottle, while I continued making breakfast for the older members of the house.

After a few minutes, the food was done. "Breakfast is ready!" I yelled. Clay and George immediately came running into the kitchen. I laughed at the two boys, as I set out four plates at the table, pulling Atlas's high chair up to it.

Atlas had begun to get a little fussy, so when Nick tried to put him in his big chair, he immediately began squirming, and slipped right out of Nicks hands. "Oh my god!" He yelled.

Clay jumped up, and I picked a screaming and sobbing Atlas up as quickly as I could. "Shh.. Shhh.. It's alright, buddy. You're okay." I said, rubbing his back.

"Nick, what the hell?!" Yelled Clay. This surprised me quite a bit. "Woah- Hey- Language." I said. (BBH who??) "Hey- Dude, I'm sorry! That was a complete accident!" Clay glared at him. "Don't f*cking come near my son again!" My eyes widened, and so did Nick's. "What..?" He said, shocked. "Clay.. Calm down. He didn't mean to do that. It was-" He cut me off. "I don't f*cking care if it was an accident, Y/N! Why are you defending him?!" I looked at clay, surprised.

"George.. Can you take Atlas in one of the streaming rooms? I don't want him to hear all of this.." George nodded, and took Atlas from me, carding him into another room.

"Okay, first- Watch your language around Atlas. Second- Why is this an argument? It was an accident. Things like this happen. You know Nick better than that. He'd never do anything to purposely hurt Atlas!" Clay glared at me. "Oh, what? Are you in love with Nick now? Really?"

My eyes widened. "Woah- What?! Clay, I'm just trying to get you to calm down-" I said, stepping closer to him. Right as I went to put my hand on his shoulder, he swatted it away. "Dude! Don't treat her like that!" Clay rolled his eyes, and stormed off into our room.

I sighed, and looked over at Nick who looked extremely upset. He looked at me, with sad eyes. "I- I promise I didn't mean to hurt Atlas- I- I'm so sorry.." He sounded devastated. "Nono! Nick! Hey, don't worry about it, seriously!" I hugged him. "Accidents happen! I know you didn't mean it, and so does Atlas. Don't stress about this, okay?"

We let go of the hug, and he looked at me. "But what about-" I cut him off. "Clay's just being protective.. he didn't mean any of that. He'll get over it, I promise." Nick nodded, and walked into his room. I took that as my cue to go talk to Clay.

I walked over to our bedroom door, and knocked gently. "What." He said, harshly. I opened the door, and walked in to see Clay sitting on the bed. I closed the door behind me, before walking over to where Clay was sat.

"What? Are you here to yell at me?" He said, coldly. "No.. I just wanna talk." I said, trying to sound as calm as possible. "There's nothing to talk about." He said. I sat down next to him on the bed. "Clay.. what was that all about? You've been lashing out a lot lately what's going on?" He stared at his hands.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I frowned, and took one of his hands in mine, intertwining our fingers. "You know you can talk to me.. what's up?" He sighed. "I just- I don't know. I've been thinking about a lot of stuff lately, and I just feel like I'm not a good dad..." I was shocked. I had no idea he felt like this.

"Clay, what makes think that? You're an amazing dad!" I said. He fidgeted with the ring he was wearing. "Atlas- He- He just likes Nick so much more than me.. what if he wishes Nick was his dad instead?" I looked at him, surprised.

"Clay- Atlas loves you SO much! Sure, he loves Nick a lot, too, but you're his DAD! No one can replace you. Especially in his eyes. You're the best dad in the world, okay? No one can do this 'dad' thing as well as you." Clay smiled, softly.

"Thank you, Y/N.." He said. "Of course! Now go talk to Nick." He nodded, and walked to Nick's room. I decided that I'd go get Atlas from George, since he had been watching him for a little bit. I walked over to George's room, and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Yelled George. I opened the door, and walked into the room. "Mama!" Atlas yelled, excitedly. I chuckled, and picked him up. He giggled, and layed his head on my shoulder. "You tired, bud?" I asked. He nodded, before yawning.

"I'm gonna go put him down for a nap.. Thanks for watching him, George!" I said. "Of course!" Yelled George, as I walked out of his room. I walked into Atlas's room, and layed him down in his crib. He fell asleep almost immediately. I turned off the light, before walking out of his room.

Right as I entered the hallway, Clay did the same. "Oh- Is Atlas asleep?" He asked. I nodded. "George apparently made him really tired." I said, chuckling. Clay laughed, before staring at me for a few seconds. "Hey Y/N..?" He said. "Hm?" I replied, curious.

"Do you have plans tonight?" He asked. I have him a puzzled expression. "No? How come?" Clay smiled to himself. "Just wondering.. Hey um- Could you do me a favor?" He asked. "Sure- What is it?" I asked, still wondering why he was asking these questions.

"Tonight- At 6- Meet me outside, okay? I've got a surprise.. Oh!- and- dress nice.." I smiled. "Alright?" He smiled back at me. "It's a date."