Story of Habil and Qabil

Story of Habil (Cane)and Qabil (Able)

Allah blessed Aadam عليه  السلام with the birth of their 1st children Qabil and his sister. Later on Hava gave birth  to a 2nd set of twins- Habil ( Cane) and his sister.

When they grew up and the time for their marriage came, Allah revealed to Aadamعليه السلام that he should marry each son to the twin  sister of the other.

Qabil was displeased with the partner chosen  for him  because Hablis twin sister was not as beautiful as his own.

Habil was Allah's pious banda. He knew shaitans enemity.

Aadamعليه السلام wanted peace and harmony in his family so he asked Allah for help. Allah commanded that each son offer a sacrifice  and the one whose offering was accepted would have the right on his side. Habil offered his best camel while Qabil offered his worst grain. His sacrifice was not accepted by Allah because of his disobedience to his father and the insincerity in his offering.

Qabil got angry and his heart ws filled with jalousy(hasad) and he said “I will kill you”. Habil tried to reason with his brother and tried to bring him on the straight path; Habil said “my brother you are deviating from the right path and are sinful in your decisions. It is better that you repent to Allah and forget about your foolish threat. But if you do not then I will leave the matter in the hands of Allah. You alone will bear the result of your sin for the fire is the punishment for the wrong doer”.

His brothers words had no effect on Qabil.

Qabil struck his brother with a stone instantly and he died instantly. This was the first crime committed on earth, or  this was the first murder.

Now Qabil did not know what to do with the body of his dead brother. He use to carry it in his back and move about trying to hide it. Anger had now vanished. Now guilt had taken its place.

Allah sent two crows and then they fought and one crow killed another crow. Then this crow dug a hole in the ground and put this crow in it and then covered the hole with sand. Now Qabil said “why did I not think of this before?” and  he did just what he had seen i.e bury his brother Habil.

After Adam سلام  عليه  Sheesh عليه سلام became nabi. Then Idris iعليه سلام became  Nabi.