A Simple Surprise

A young woman in a cloak ran through heavy brush to a house where she placed a basket with a crying infant inside on the doorstep before looking around in fear. The young boy wept as his mother disappeared.

Jarvis found it peculiar but not uncommon. Knowing no other solution, he wakes up Tony who groans. Sitting up, the groan man turned to see the dark morning sky.

"What the hell, Jarvis?"

"I wanted to tell you that a small infant was left at your door."

Tony's eyes widen in shock before making his way to the living room.

"Front or back?"

"Front, sir."

Tony walked up to the door and opened it. Looking down at the ground, Tony sees a basket with a baby boy in it.

"This is the child, sir. He is only a day old it would seem."

"I see."

"What do you wish to with the boy, sir?"

Tony thought about his answer long and hard before coming to a conclusion and smiling.

"I am going to keep him. I mean, what are the chances that I have one. Plus, adopting is always a good idea."

"I see. Shall we put forth official documents of adoption, sir?"

"Yes, but first, I would like to put him through a DNA test."

"Very good, sir."

Bringing the boy into the house, Tony asked himself aloud with a smile, "hmm. What kind of trouble are you and I going to get into?"