Aftermath of the Party

Y/n stood next to his girlfriend who'd been drinking a bit of champagne. Turning to see his father and Rhodes squaring up, he quickly got in the middle, taking a metal fist to the right side of his face, flying through a window, shattering it on impact.

Everything grows quiet before Tony turns to Rhodes, his eyes turning red in rage.

Natalie rushed out into the courtyard to find her boyfriend unconscious. She watches him sit up with a groan and breathes a sigh of relief.

Pulling him into her bust, she cradled him, her breathing calming considerably.

The very next morning, Y/n was found in the hospital, his brain damaged to a degree, though much to the surprise of the medical staff, his brain began a strange healing process on its own.

At Randy's Donuts

Tony sat in the giant donut above the donut shop eating a donut.

"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the donut."

Tony moves his shades down slightly and looks at Nick. Finding himself in a booth, he asks Nick if he's real due to his hangover.

"I am very real. I am the realest person you're ever gonna meet."

"Just my luck" Tony turns toward the rest of the donut shop. "Where's the staff here?"

Nick looked the electrical lines on Tony's neck. 'That's not looking so good."

Footsteps are heard coming toward Tony and Nick to reveal "Natalie".

"We've secured the perimeter, but I don't think we should hold it for too much longer."

Tony looked down, his shades moving down his nose as he looks at the woman who's been helping Pepper.

"Huh." Nick smiles and laughs silently. "You're f-fired."

"That's not up to you."

"Natalie" sits beside Nick who puts an arm around her. "Tony, I want you to meet Agent Romanoff."

"Hi."

"I'm a Shield Shadow. Once we knew you were ill, I was tasked to you by Director Fury."

"I suggest you apologize."

"You've been very busy. You made your girl CEO, you're giving away all your stuff, you let your friend fly away with your suit. Now, if I didn't know better-"

"You don't know better. I didn't give it to him, he took it."

"Woah, woah. But now, he took it? You're Iron Man and he just TOOK it? Little brother walked in there, kicked your ass, and took your suit. Is that possible?" Nick asked turning to Natasha.

Walking away after explaining Tony's own rules and suit security guidelines, she walks away listening to them bicker. Calling the hospital hosting her unconscious boyfriend, she left the building.

"Hello, Barton."

"Nat."

"How's he doing?"

"He's awake and asking for you. He's more worried about you than himself. Kinda cute actually. So, what did you to him?"

"Nothing. I just went out on a date with him. He's a good guy, and I think I'm gonna try to keep this relationship alive. He's very genuine and doesn't seem to have any ulterior motives." Natasha answers while grabbing a small rectangular capsule from a suitcase.

"Good. So how is he?"

"Meaning?"

"In bed. How is he?"

"We didn't on the first date. He's one of those really old school men. Marriage first, then sex. Definitely not a playboy."

"Uh huh. Has he tried to you know...touch you anywhere?"

"Barton, there is no need to act like an overprotective brother. We may have different careers, but we can still make it work."

"You do realize that this kid had to be born while Tony was a teenager, right? To be in your age range."

"Hmm...no, I hadn't thought about that."

"Hmm. I doubt anyone would, he looks much younger than he actually is."

"Well, thanks for the info. Please tell Y/n that I will be there shortly. I'm on the job."

"Right away, Miss Stark."

"Ha ha, Barton."

Walking up to Tony, she injects with Lithium Dioxide, forcing the lines to fade away to a degree.

A few hours later

Natasha walked into her boyfriend's hospital room with a bacon cheeseburger, tater tots and a Root Beer from Sonic.

"Hey, Natalie. Are you...are you alright?"

"Yes. Though I'm quite unsure why you're not focused on yourself." Natasha placed the Sonic bag on the nearby table. "You took a metal fist to the face and flew through a window, landing in the courtyard 50 feet away from the house."

Y/n smiled. "I know, but what kind of boyfriend would I be if I wasn't concerned about you?"

Natasha shook her head with a bright smile.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I wanted to know if you wanted to keep this relationship going. I am unsure of where this will take us, and I want to cut it off before it gets too deep."

"Ah. I see. Thanks for bringing this to my attention."

Natasha stood in place, shocked by the response. However, her worry quickly set in.

"Honestly, I want to continue this. I mean, so far, it's been great. I'm much happier, I feel better, I'm not as stressed as I usually am, and it feels nice when you have someone to care about who dotes on you sometimes."

Natasha's worry faded away as though it had been snapped away.

"So, um...is cuddling an option at the moment?" Came Y/n's unsure voice.

Smiling, Natasha nodded. And so, after they ate, Natasha laid on the hospital bed, cuddling up to her boyfriend who used his free arm to hold her. A nurse walked into the room by chance and smiled warmly before covering the two with a blanket and leaving, smiling the rest of her shift.