The reflection of you and me

^ loaf cat for serotonin

Mirrored desire <3

—————————————————————————

Look at us standing here, the middle of a page turned in front of us, my breaking point near. Time ticks when I think of your pretty smile, it was made for me. You turn the page and mark it down in your mind as something you love, I see your smile. I hear the calls of your life pulling us out of our daydreams, in sync as we look up to the sky. Together for as long as we try. I touch your ankle, soft under my skin. I write the words of you in the books I'm hiding.

When you think of the light, all I see is the grey hue that covers my vision and shows me the world I live in, a reality to those who see the colours of the world blend into beautiful smiles. I see the clock hands move faster, but time stands still when I look around. Hours could go by and it will only be seconds. Seems like the slow drag of feet on the sand. The wasting away seems to help me cope, cope with the fact that no one really seems to know. No one knows the truth behind others' eyes, no one knows how bright their worlds shine. Maybe they always see grey, but they live until they are meant to die. Then when they inhale at last they see the overwhelming colours light up their eyes, glad to have seen it one last time before they die. Their time clock stops ticking and pauses at three o'clock. A random time in the morning when all the demons wake up. No one there to help me from the hands pulling me down to hell, I'll let the devil take me in stride, I'II smile when he looks into my eyes. I'll lay a careful kiss upon his cheek, rest my eyes until I calm my breath and fall asleep.

The truth is that soulmates really are a given, they can be next to you or in a different world completely. You may never meet them, you may have lost them already. When I saw you look at me, I knew it was you. I've never understood someone being made for someone else until I met you. I felt your heart beating on my own. Your life became mine so quickly, I built a new home. You helped me learn how to see the world like you do. How everyone is made for one person and I knew that person was you. You thought that way too but held yourself back. I'm sorry I was sceptical, I wish I could take that time back. The time that barely moves when I'm with you but somehow moves too fast. My love will never run out even with the clock ticking so loud.

Just take my hand and relax, let the worries drift off to the horizon. We stare at the sky and wish we were then. The stars shine so brightly in the night. Kiss me, please. Lay me down and hold me tight. You are the only person who will treat me right. You took care of my life, saved me when I was lost. Broke down the door to my heart when I wouldn't open up. You hugged me so long and told you this was it, took my hand and left a kiss. Your gentle touch and your eyes boring into mine, I feel nothing but pure love when I'm next to you, I can see your soul through your body. Coloured in blue. The sun reflects perfectly on your pretty smile. I could lay here forever, I'll let time pass us by.